What did you cook or eat today (January 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great!

Do you have a pasta machine or you roll your ravioli by hand? Considering getting one mainly because I want to make ravioli, but not sure if I should take the leap.

The 'ravioli' in MypinchofItaly's photos is made with puff pastry not pasta dough, so definitely not made using a pasta machine.

Sorry - maybe you meant your question more generally about pasta. I think if you want to make ravioli then experiment without a machine first. I do have a machine but frankly rarely use it. Its easier to roll pasta by hand for smaller quantities. Have you made made pasta (a simple tagliatelle) from scratch before? If not, do that before you try making ravioili.

Sunday here so family day, everyone decided on BBQ. I'll get it ready, meat is out the freezer. Lamb chops and sausages.ill do salads later. Home made Beetroot.

Russ

Translation please on sammich?

Russ
french-dip-511-copy-1550607214.jpg

Usually thinly-sliced roast beef, maybe some Swiss cheese (melted), maybe some grilled onion, on a baguette-style roll. Beef au jus on the side for dipping the sandwich into.

Yes. The roll on the one I had today was not crusty. But, the meat an jus were good, so overall it was decent.

CD

Lettuce salad made with tomatoes radishes and spring onions from our garden. Lettuce store bought. Ours are a week away. Pot of mash potatoes pre cooked for later. Kids are bringing stuff as well. We havnt seen them for two weeks.
Maltesers for the kids, that will keep parents happy,lol.

Russ

The 'ravioli' in MypinchofItaly's photos is made with puff pastry not pasta dough, so definitely not made using a pasta machine.

Sorry - maybe you meant your question more generally about pasta. I think if you want to make ravioli then experiment without a machine first. I do have a machine but frankly rarely use it. Its easier to roll pasta by hand for smaller quantities. Have you made made pasta (a simple tagliatelle) from scratch before? If not, do that before you try making ravioili.
Oh you're right - I didn't read it properly.

But yes, in general, I think I'll have a go at hand rolling ravioli. Never made pasta from scratch so will try some tagliatelle as you suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom