What did you cook or eat today (January 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A pudding bun, or 'puddingbroodje' in Dutch. It's a traditional sweet treat I for some unclear reason never tried before. It's delicious! It's a soft bun filled with thick custard pastry cream made by Dutch bakeries 😍 they're instantly a favorite of mine now.
View attachment 54595
Not my pic.

Looks mouth-watering and it reminds me a similar Roman bun called ‘Maritozzo’ which is filled with whipped cream

A pudding bun, or 'puddingbroodje' in Dutch. It's a traditional sweet treat I for some unclear reason never tried before. It's delicious! It's a soft bun filled with thick custard pastry cream made by Dutch bakeries 😍 they're instantly a favorite of mine now.
View attachment 54595
Not my pic.

That is akin to a snack (khanom) that is popular here except that the filling is ice cream (and the bun is sweet).

[Edit: "Thai ice-cream sandwiches are on real bread (it looks exactly like a hot dog bun, but it’s sweeter). The bun is filled with several small scoops of coconut ice cream, and then there might be a choice of toppings like crushed peanuts and sweetened condensed milk."

Not my image]

Last edited:
Hello!

Yesterday I made my first meatloaf (recipe from Epicurious). It worked really well and was super moist inside while holding together firmly. It was HUGE though after everything was combined and I was thinking 'uh-oh, we're going to be eating that all week...', but it seemed to be a hit as we ended up eating over 2/3rds of it (there are 5 of us).

IMG_5616.jpg

Windigo I also had a go at the Pommes Duchesse, but when I went to pipe realised my nozzle was way too small! I ended up just chopping the bag tip off and 'icing' these squiggles, which look like worm casts (or something!). I made a big mess and there was mashed potato all over the place and all over my hands, and it took ages. They did taste good though.

IMG_5618.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom