• Temporary Web Address You may have noticed that the our usual web address has been changed to a new one. This is a temporary part of the site migration and nothing to worry about. If in doubt, just PM me.

What did you cook or eat today (July 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but there were no green hairs on it, and it didn't harm me. I'm a bit naughty like that, if it looks ok to me then I'll use it. Never had an upset tummy from my cooking.

Most of these use by dates are a load of old cobblers. I do obviously use common sense and I won't use anything I think might be dodgy.

Having said that seven months out of date is possibly pushing it a bit, I might ditch it if I don't use it in the next month or two.

I’m with you.

Dates are mostly BS.

If substituting for mayo I add a good dollop of French mustard (you could use American style mustard) and sometimes a pinch of sugar or Truvia. Maybe a pinch of salt.

For some reason the yoghurt and spinach with a little cheese and sweet baby tomatoes worked very well in the Egg Florentine. Much better than I thought. Maybe because the egg is creamy tasting...

I’ve a recipe here so where that is eggs, yogurt, spring onions, blanched, cooled & dried broccoli florets baked as a tart. I was really surprised how much I liked the tang in the tart.

Chilli con carne.....

Inside (with flash assist):

6 is s.jpg

Outside (without flash):

7 os s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom