What did you cook or eat today (July 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is some rice pudding, Jacques Pepin's recipe. It used cold leftover rice and gets baked in the oven, then dried cherries, maple syrup, lime zest, sugar, and sour cream get stirred in, then topped with a nice blueberry sauce.

"Lush" would be an appropriate word right about now.

I too serve curries with mango chutney, store bought. They go so well together.
In the UK I would buy mango chutney but here good chutters is hard to find . A friend gave me a bread machine. I only use it for Jam, Chutney and pizza dough.
70217498_642510106238508_2926930185414508544_n.jpg

Last nights dinner was quick and easy for two reasons, one it's very hot. Two I have the pre consultant jitters. I am prone at my age to have benign moles. I have a small one on my forehead called Windy. Just before covid lock down I nutted the balcony glass sliding doors and split it open. A few days later I was in the docs for my 6 monthly check. She thought it was okay but made an appointment to see a dermatologist. Because of covid it was cancelled, then re booked then cancelled again. Mutant Windy is now annoying me, so last week I made an appointment at a private clinic. Today's the day.
Swiss cheese and ham omelette with the usual suspects.
116425005_881728745649975_5912122749685973522_n.jpg

116366741_881728755649974_1141351449373159478_n.jpg

Last nights dinner was quick and easy for two reasons, one it's very hot. Two I have the pre consultant jitters. I am prone at my age to have benign moles. I have a small one on my forehead called Windy. Just before covid lock down I nutted the balcony glass sliding doors and split it open. A few days later I was in the docs for my 6 monthly check. She thought it was okay but made an appointment to see a dermatologist. Because of covid it was cancelled, then re booked then cancelled again. Mutant Windy is now annoying me, so last week I made an appointment at a private clinic. Today's the day.
Swiss cheese and ham omelette with the usual suspects. View attachment 44204

View attachment 44205

This looks very like one of my omelettes - I too prefer a golden outside and a gooey middle. Hope all goes well with the consultant.

well I think he means he makes jam in it.
The machine has twin paddles and a jam making prog. You just crush your fruit a bit put it in the pan, add the right amount of jam sugar give it a stir shut the lid. When it beeps in 80 mins you have perfect jam with no fruit float. For Mango chutney I use the same measurements and add whatever spices I fancy. The beauty of this is I vacuum pack the correct weight of summer fruits when they a plentiful and cheap freeze and make fresh jam when we run out. No more cupboards full of jam jars. This is a bit long winded
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45dowpnml-E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom