What did you cook or eat today (July 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supper last night (still July) - lamb loin marinated in harissa and cooked sous vide for two hours @ 53 deg C. Added Greek yoghurt to the meat juices to make a sauce but managed to curdle it :(

Supper last night (still July) - lamb loin marinated in harissa and cooked sous vide for two hours @ 53 deg C. Added Greek yoghurt to the meat juices to make a sauce but managed to curdle it :(
View attachment 44259

oh this looks delicious indeed! I’m curious about the mix harissa-Greek yoghurt, very nice.
Any chance you’ll post the recipe?

Well, maybe I won’t make it now as the temp here is like being close to a volcano, but I’ll bookmarked for sure as soon temp will be better

We have the same here, they issued a red alert for the elderly and infirm to stay indoors. Some parts of Croatia inland are forecast 40+ C.

Yep, we are going to have the same temp, 40+ forecast here next week, especially in the Central-South Italy (in Sardinia 45c!).. Milano will be around 38 c... 90% humidity.
I’ve slept with the air con on last night. Gosh

Yesterday we arrived home, my new mama and tata Zdravka and Carmillo were waiting to hear my results. Zdravka sent us to our apartment to shower and siesta as she was going to cook with the peka. I watch her set the fire up. When we came down I forgot my phone to take pics. It was veal ribs with garden veg including potatoes. What with Carmillo's fabulous red wine I broke the diet and also got wasted for the first time in 10 yrs. Back on it today. The third pic is the Peka or Bell. It was 37c when she lit the fire.

Last edited:
Yesterday we arrived home, my new mama and tata Zdravka and Carmillo were waiting to hear my results. Zdravka sent us to our apartment to shower and siesta as she was going to cook with the peka. I watch her set the fire up. When we came down I forgot my phone to take pics. It was veal ribs with garden veg including potatoes. What with Carmillo's fabulous red wine I broke the diet and also got wasted for the first time in 10 yrs. Back on it today. The third pic is the Peka or Bell. It was 37c when she lit the fire.
View attachment 44277

View attachment 44278

View attachment 44279
Fantastic set-up! One day I shall have one of those.

We ate the leftover Melanzane alla parmigiana with pasta today. Tomorrow I am having a birthday dinner for two at a French bistro with my love 😍

My real birthday is august 14th, but because the kids aren't here now we're having some celebrations this week. Coming saturday I'll have some friends come over and eat with us.

We ate the leftover Melanzane alla parmigiana with pasta today. Tomorrow I am having a birthday dinner for two at a French bistro with my love 😍

My real birthday is august 14th, but because the kids aren't here now we're having some celebrations this week. Coming saturday I'll have some friends come over and eat with us.

More celebrations then! Lucky girl 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom