What did you cook or eat today (July 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was Buffalo wings here at the doghouse.

Chicken wings have been very hard to find in 2021, and when I find them, they are expensive. I found some, already cut into sections, for less than 6-bucks a package (2 servings). I bought 3 packages -- two to vacuum seal and freeze.

I've posted photos a few times before, and these look exactly the same, so no new photo.

What did you cook or eat today (March 2021)

CD

Chicken wings have been very hard to find in 2021, and when I find them, they are expensive. I found some, already cut into sections, for less than 6-bucks a package (2 servings). I bought 3 packages -- two to vacuum seal and freeze.

I've posted photos a few times before, and these look exactly the same, so no new photo.

CD
Incredible that they are so costly. I can buy skinless boneless chicken breasts for $1.88 a pound, and bony little wings cost about the same here, crazy. Sounds like yours were even more?

Last nights dinner Fried eggs on sourdough toast and pork sausage. Pud watermelon. I got up early and roasted a chicken for today's beach picnic.
1627358412717.png
1627358427507.png
1627358449506.png

H. pylori is pretty common. It is what causes stomach ulcers, like the one my dad had. Good news is you don't have to make drastic changes to your diet. Just take the meds, especially the antibiotics. Yeah, don't take them on an empty stomach -- a good excuse to eat. :okay:

CD
Oh so sorry to hear that...yep,I have read quite a few articles about the H.Py yesterday...
Yes,I will take the meds, of course...I am preparing a real daily written schedule,what med when, before meal,after meal...it will be 4 meds plus iron plus vitamins🤪😎 for the first 10 days. But good that it is treatable.

I just hope for no side effects,as I am fed up with being sickly and wobbly for that many weeks...

Salvia officinalis tea makes wonders though. I have had a liter sip by sip since yesterday. And it used to be used as antibiotic prior to pharmac ones👍🤓

Oh the chicken thighs went down all right. Brief heaviness,and all good.

CD
Why would they be so costly? Chicken farms closing down massively?

Beach picnic? What a splendid idea. Enjoy
Thank you, we are lucky we can walk to the beach so in general it is easier to come back. We like to drive somewhere as it's more fun. The road to Dubrovnik is packed with tourist traffic. So we skirt Split and drive north to Primosten. It takes about 45 minutes but we like that area.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01L-nH8HGUg

Why would they be so costly? Chicken farms closing down massively?

There has been a shortage for the last six months. Part of it is because meat processing and packing plants had to shut down due to Covid outbreaks in them, and part is just demand for chicken wings, which is high in the US, and each chicken only has two of them.

CD

Picnic lunch at Primosten. I put a big bottle of water in the freezer so everything with it in the cool bag was err ice cool. Roast chicken and tomato in lepinja roll. Pud was iced water melon. We had a swim then lunch after that the breeze stopped and it was to hot to enjoy. We are lucky because we live here so there is always tomorrow. Tomorrow will be breakfast on the beach at Seget Vranjica, we will buy the burek and yogurt on the way.
1627387586916.png
1627387610289.png
1627387636874.png
1627387654654.png
1627387678735.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom