What did you cook or eat today (July 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chia bread and hummus,sesame,few drops of lemon juice, early breakfast. Iron rich.

Test confirmed I have Helicobacter,so two antibiotics and probiotic and another gastroint medication to eradicate it.

Recheck Sept/Oct.

I was told one of the medications sits heavy on the stomach(oh mercy), but eating well and full prior should be doable.

Bought chicken thighs for lunch. It used to be my fav. Will have a try at the meat today, after so many years.

Everything changes. For the improvement of health🤷

caseydog even sooner than Last station😊🤷

But my eye stye is much better 👍and my mornings are better.👍👍

Chia bread and hummus,sesame,few drops of lemon juice, early breakfast. Iron rich.

Test confirmed I have Helicobacter,so two antibiotics and probiotic and another gastroint medication to eradicate it.

Recheck Sept/Oct.

I was told one of the medications sits heavy on the stomach(oh mercy), but eating well and full prior should be doable.

Bought chicken thighs for lunch. It used to be my fav. Will have a try at the meat today, after so many years.

Everything changes. For the improvement of health🤷

caseydog even sooner than Last station😊🤷

But my eye stye is much better 👍and my mornings are better.👍👍

View attachment 68060

H. pylori is pretty common. It is what causes stomach ulcers, like the one my dad had. Good news is you don't have to make drastic changes to your diet. Just take the meds, especially the antibiotics. Yeah, don't take them on an empty stomach -- a good excuse to eat. :okay:

CD

20210726_135608.jpg

Steamed homegrown potatoes, butter and a selection of readymade cold smoked and smoked salmon/rainbow trout and pickled herring. Served with honey-sweetened dill-mustard-lemon sauce.
20210726_135544.jpg

Apple pie (eggless crust with e.g. almond flour and sour cream) and vanilla ice cream for dessert.

View attachment 68066
Steamed homegrown potatoes, butter and a selection of readymade cold smoked and smoked salmon/rainbow trout and pickled herring. Served with honey-sweetened dill-mustard-lemon sauce.
View attachment 68067
Apple pie (eggless crust with e.g. almond flour and sour cream) and vanilla ice cream for dessert.

I wish we could buy potatoes like that here!

We went to a new shopping mall, completely American style. The first one in the Netherlands. There would be a big foodcourt, so we had to check it out.

We got some ice cream at ' Pavarotti Dolce' , the winner of the national Ice Cream making competition of 2019. Their flavor ' guilty pleasure' that won the prize was indeed very good. It was orange based ice cream with salted caramel & pecan, it sounds odd but was really good.

And we got red olives ( never had them before! ) , feta marinated olives, French saussicon with garlic, and saffron aioli. We had a lot of fun.

As I understand it they are not a natural colour but dyed. Did they taste any different from other olives?
CERIGNOLA RED OLIVES - Italco Food Products - Wholesale Gourmet Food Distributor

They are cured a certain way, it says here that is what causes the red color. I wouldn't know, the novelty of it interested me. They taste very mild, like a very soft flavored black olive.

'Like its green and black counterparts, who are certainly the same olive, the Red Bella is grown in Puglia, Italy. The curing process is what makes this delicious olive stand apart with its red, red hue. Due to its mild flavor, the Bella di Cerignola Olive is often considered a beginner olive. All certified (DOP) Bella di Cerignolas are grown within the Foggia province of Puglia, Italy.'

MypinchofItaly might know more :hug:

Last edited:
We went to a new shopping mall, completely American style. The first one in the Netherlands. There would be a big foodcourt, so we had to check it out.
View attachment 68079

We got some ice cream at ' Pavarotti Dolce' , the winner of the national Ice Cream making competition of 2019. Their flavor ' guilty pleasure' that won the prize was indeed very good. It was orange based ice cream with salted caramel & pecan, it sounds odd but was really good.

View attachment 68080

And we got red olives ( never had them before! ) , feta marinated olives, French saussicon with garlic, and saffron aioli. We had a lot of fun.
I think that the usage of orange with pecans and salted caramel sounds quite good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom