What did you cook or eat today (July 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Thai Express has opened up at the big shopping centre near us, it wasn't bad.

We went to a vegetarian tapas style restaurant. It was good food, but not great service. We won't go back.

Vegan crunchy sushi roll, and very delicious feta rolls with mango salsa.

Delicious vegan ' coquille' ( mushroom) with beurre blanc and a veggie satay skewer.

Nachos and a grilled stuffed pepper.

Gorgeous desserts. The coconut panna cotta with fresh pineapple was great, as was the mango cheesecake. The chocolate earth was ok.

We had some more but these were the best pics.

When you cut meat from your diet, you risk low iron. There are vegan sources of iron, but they don't absorb as easily. Cooked spinach is one good source. Cooked shard, too. You won't absorb as much iron with raw spinach or chard. The iron is in those leafy greens, but you won't absorb them as well raw.

That's the downside to vegetarian and vegan diets. You give up nutrients people need as omnivores. Iron is one of them.

Protein is another. Giving up eggs, you are giving up a great source of protein.

Instead of totally eliminating things from a diet, perhaps eating them in moderation is a better idea.

CD
I understand what you are saying.
I will see what works.
Last station is introducing meat into my diet, I am not ruling it out.
Health comes first.

Last night I made flour (rye,buckwheat) tortillas. Black beans (locally grown, cooked at home)

, beef, tuna,spinach,bell pepper.
They were not pretty but tasted really good. Sorry no pic of the finished ones.
Kid even had one with strawbs jam.

The iron supplement is delicious, ton of veg and fruit juices and extraxts.

Oatmeal and lemonade for breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom