What did you cook or eat today (July 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hake fritters with carrot rice and salad
1627634357618.png

CERIGNOLA RED OLIVES - Italco Food Products - Wholesale Gourmet Food Distributor

They are cured a certain way, it says here that is what causes the red color. I wouldn't know, the novelty of it interested me. They taste very mild, like a very soft flavored black olive.

'Like its green and black counterparts, who are certainly the same olive, the Red Bella is grown in Puglia, Italy. The curing process is what makes this delicious olive stand apart with its red, red hue. Due to its mild flavor, the Bella di Cerignola Olive is often considered a beginner olive. All certified (DOP) Bella di Cerignolas are grown within the Foggia province of Puglia, Italy.'

MypinchofItaly might know more :hug:

Yep, La Bella di Cerignola is a pretty famous kind of giant green olive that with another kind of process can be red.
My dad was from those parts, I ate tons of those olives. Once he took me and my brother to watch the process of how they made them, but we were more interested on how many olives we could eat.

That pizza looks amazing 😍
Thanks! Here's a Yorky-inspired build:

That was a quick food-processor dough (hint, hint Danny94) and is about 1/3rd whole wheat, and I did use a jarred sauce (which I didn't like much, but I wanted the bottle :laugh:) because it was hectic yesterday (and continues to be today).

The rest was pepperoni, banana peppers, fresh basil, and a couple of spoonfuls of jarred muffuletta mix. Three cheeses, too (whole milk mozz, Romano, and Parmesan).

I'll likely be having the same thing tonight.

Hey, I made mayonnaise from scratch for the first time ever, a basil-garlic version:

Used my stick blender (hey, another thing for you to try, Danny94) and it took mere seconds to come together - the whole process, start to finish, less than 10 minutes.

I don't know if I'm prepared to say I'll never buy mayonnaise from the store again, but I'm not ruling that out.

Hey, I made mayonnaise from scratch for the first time ever, a basil-garlic version:
Used my stick blender (hey, another thing for you to try, Danny94) and it took mere seconds to come together - the whole process, start to finish, less than 10 minutes.

I don't know if I'm prepared to say I'll never buy mayonnaise from the store again, but I'm not ruling that out.
Looks really nice ! (same like your pizza :okay:)
Its healthier aswell ! Mayonnaise from store very often has a lot of additional garbage like synthetical sugar ;D.

View attachment 68275

View attachment 68276

Lovely! I'm so surprised you never did this before. Home made is so much better. Its like the difference between home made croissants and supermarket croissants.

Lovely! I'm so surprised you never did this before. Home made is so much better. Its like the difference between home made croissants and supermarket croissants.
It's funny, because we eat so much mayonnaise, it's kept me from making it from scratch until now, the thought being, "If I have to make all the mayonnaise we eat, I'll be making mayonnaise nonstop!" - it's just been easier to buy it. Until now. 😏

And it's funny you mention croissants, because I've knocked two things off my bucket list in the last few weeks, quite unintentionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom