What did you cook or eat today (July 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok quick, time is of the essence. Corned beef hash, or corned beef and potato knish?

MrsT’s current favorite meal:

Tonight I made beef back ribs slow cooked in the oven with a Hoisin and teriyaki sauce served over brown rice pilaf and peas that were seasoned with garlic and toasted sesame oil. No pics but hubby ate seconds, it was that good!

I'm the boss of the menu!
I normally am, as I’ve mentioned before, but I’m trying to be accommodating with all this WW stuff, so if she suggests something, I’m willing to make it.

It’d be an interesting psychological study: I normally love looking through cookbooks and online recipe sites, but now that I’m sticking to all their stuff, even though it’s thousands of recipes to choose from, it’s somehow taking the fun away. 🤷🏻

Today, I made that maple dumpling - there was nothing whole grain, low calorie, light or reduced fat with making that (not counting the carb smart ice cream, er…frozen dairy dessert), and for the first time in weeks, it felt like cooking with “real” ingredients instead of lesser alternatives.

Purely a perception issue, as there’s really not a lot of difference in the end product when using light sour cream or reduced-fat mayonnaise, but it just feels different, like “I was supposed to go see The Beatles but it turned out to be Herman’s Hermits.”

Interesting how strongly that stuff can stick with you.

I must say, when DH was into serious dieting to loss the weight of a small woman off of his person, I took cooking for him as a challenge really, and to this day, he has kept that small woman at bay :okay:
My friend had told me at the time, that if he didn't have his own personal chef to cook what he needed to be eating, that wouldn't have happened.

I normally am, as I’ve mentioned before, but I’m trying to be accommodating with all this WW stuff, so if she suggests something, I’m willing to make it.

It’d be an interesting psychological study: I normally love looking through cookbooks and online recipe sites, but now that I’m sticking to all their stuff, even though it’s thousands of recipes to choose from, it’s somehow taking the fun away. 🤷🏻

Today, I made that maple dumpling - there was nothing whole grain, low calorie, light or reduced fat with making that (not counting the carb smart ice cream, er…frozen dairy dessert), and for the first time in weeks, it felt like cooking with “real” ingredients instead of lesser alternatives.

Purely a perception issue, as there’s really not a lot of difference in the end product when using light sour cream or reduced-fat mayonnaise, but it just feels different, like “I was supposed to go see The Beatles but it turned out to be Herman’s Hermits.”

Interesting how strongly that stuff can stick with you.
I must say, when DH was into serious dieting to loss the weight of a small woman off of his person, I took cooking for him as a challenge really, and to this day, he has kept that small woman at bay :okay:
My friend had told me at the time, that if he didn't have his own personal chef to cook what he needed to be eating, that wouldn't have happened.
You are both just awesome spouses!

It's still July here in Cowboyville and was trying to beat the afternoon/evening Monsoon storms and grill (silly woman).
I kinda, sorta made it, albeit I had to pull the gas grill under the patio roofline 🙄 I got the job done

IMG_1925.JPG

Grilled NY Strip steaks, fresh Mushrooms, Sweet White Onions aka Vidalia, Mini Sweet Bell Peppers and fresh Asparagus, YUM!!!
This is one of our favorite meals, I make this even if it's the dead of Winter and snowing out :wave:
I have a small-ish leftover bit in a Pyrex covered dish for Mom, she loves this stuff, and unfortunately, her dining room doesn't serve this meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom