What did you cook or eat today (July 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still July here in Cowboyville and was trying to beat the afternoon/evening Monsoon storms and grill (silly woman).
I kinda, sorta made it, albeit I had to pull the gas grill under the patio roofline 🙄 I got the job done

View attachment 88491

Grilled NY Strip steaks, fresh Mushrooms, Sweet White Onions aka Vidalia, Mini Sweet Bell Peppers and fresh Asparagus, YUM!!!
This is one of our favorite meals, I make this even if it's the dead of Winter and snowing out :wave:
I have a small-ish leftover bit in a Pyrex covered dish for Mom, she loves this stuff, and unfortunately, her dining room doesn't serve this meal.
Those containers are working out well for mom?

I said white rabbits this morning. Lol. We will have something quick tonight for tea. Salmon on toast?? We had a big meal last night. Wifes late home, meeting.
I may have crepe and custard leftovers???

You said it was vegetarian...? :scratchhead:
Sliced mushroom to replace the beef, and I added a bit of garlic. So the onion and pepper slowly cooked off until soft, the mushroom hard fried in another pan. Then the onion mix folded through and cheddar laid on top then left for a few minutes without stirring so the cheese melted. Dollop the whole thing in the bread.

Last edited:
My friend had told me at the time, that if he didn't have his own personal chef to cook what he needed to be eating, that wouldn't have happened.
We’d occasionally see some celebrity on a chat show talking about how they lost weight and got into shape for a movie role or something, and MrsT would always say, “Well sure, if I had a personal chef, I could lose weight too!”

🤨

Purely a perception issue, as there’s really not a lot of difference in the end product when using light sour cream or reduced-fat mayonnaise, but it just feels different, like “I was supposed to go see The Beatles but it turned out to be Herman’s Hermits.”

Mayo and sour cream are two products that I buy the "light" version of, as I can't really taste a difference when used in/on my food.

CD

Mayo and sour cream are two products that I buy the "light" version of, as I can't really taste a difference when used in/on my food.

CD
I can taste a difference if I eat them on their own, but it’s minor and not unacceptable. As soon as they go in a recipe, though…the end result tastes the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom