What did you cook or eat today (July 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4kg chunk of beef out of the freezer for tomorrow. Beautiful piece of beef. It will take that long to thaw out.

Russ

16881804914555268269991352493223.jpg

Butcher puts a layer of fat through the middle so meat wont be dry. And wraps it in a fatty piece around it. Cost me $80.
When I see butcher next I'll order another. I like to have 1 in my freezer.

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
We went out for a meal last night to a Canberra hotel (Monster Kitchen | Unique Canberra Dining | Ovolo Nishi) that's part of a chain that's gone totally vegetarian/vegan for its menu. Nowadays it is a case of if you haven't booked, you'll not get a table despite the size of the restaurant.

Usually we get the tasting menu, but we fancied a change, so went a la carte this time around. All but 1 dish we ordered was vegan by default.

We split a side dish as a starter along with some toasted sourdough.

This was probably my favourite dish. It was gorgeous. I could have had this to myself!

Hubby had the cauliflower with a brocolini side order.

I had the butternut squash katsu curry which was very nice.

Hubby had the only vegetarian dish that we ordered for dessert.

And I had a gorgeous chocolate mousse where only the chestnuts were a disappointment. I guess I wasn't expecting dehydrated hard chestnuts so it didn't work for me.

SatNavSaysStraightOn nothing short of amazing! Bet you were both stuffed!
A bit too much so. Luckily that slice was all I had to eat between lunch at 12pm and the meal sitting down at 6pm.

It's also a place (the evening location) we only go to two or three times a year though. The tasting menu has always been excellent and at a fixed price of AU $89 per person isn't too bad, (that's about US $59/£45 minus drinks) but it's also a price that does limit how often we go. Luckily we don't drink much at all and never when out, so it keeps the price within something we can afford on 1 income. Surprisingly last night wasn't more than 2½ × AU $89 with 3 non-alcoholic cocktails and a coffee.

We went out for a meal last night to a Canberra hotel (Monster Kitchen | Unique Canberra Dining | Ovolo Nishi) that's part of a chain that's gone totally vegetarian/vegan for its menu. Nowadays it is a case of if you haven't booked, you'll not get a table despite the size of the restaurant.

Usually we get the tasting menu, but we fancied a change, so went a la carte this time around. All but 1 dish we ordered was vegan by default.

We split a side dish as a starter along with some toasted sourdough.

This was probably my favourite dish. It was gorgeous. I could have had this to myself!

Hubby had the cauliflower with a brocolini side order.

I had the butternut squash katsu curry which was very nice.

Hubby had the only vegetarian dish that we ordered for dessert.

And I had a gorgeous chocolate mousse where only the chestnuts were a disappointment. I guess I wasn't expecting dehydrated hard chestnuts so it didn't work for me.
Where do I sign up?! ❤️

Kids badgered me for KFC for lunch. With great reluctance I had to acquiesce.

Original Recipe Chicken (my favourite), Hot & Crispy Tenders, Cheese Fries:

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

...I better eat some veg tonight. Or at least some fruit.

Where do I sign up?! ❤️
Start in Sydney and then move to Canberra (just don't fly at the moment, flights all cancelled because it's too windy to land a plane safely in Sydney!)

You weren't around for Christmas... hubby took me to the totally vegan hotel restaurant in Sydney for a big birthday. I think that's in the December thread....
What did you cook or eat today (December 2022)?
I think the meals are all on that page (over many posts). That place was totally vegan (except for breakfast which was vegetarian but they made me something up that was vegan) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom