What did you cook or eat today (June 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are lamb cutlets, destined to be tandoori cutlets for tomorrow.

Did someone mention sambal?

Funnily enough there was one lemon grass stalk left in the salad tray so I thought "why not".

Made the paste up today and there are prawns in the freezer. Maybe tomorrow or Monday for the sambal udang.

Not heard of that before - what is in it?

It is a traditional Mexican dish -- it is not from the State of Colorado. It uses chunks of either beef or pork, and a chili sauce made from rehydrated dry chilis (traditionally). It is usually served with flour tortillas. You rip off a piece of tortilla, and put some of the chili in it to eat it (not a whole filled tortilla like a taco).

I have had it one time, but have never made it. It was good. I got some serious neck sweat going.

CD

It is a traditional Mexican dish -- it is not from the State of Colorado. It uses chunks of either beef or pork, and a chili sauce made from rehydrated dry chilis (traditionally). It is usually served with flour tortillas. You rip off a piece of tortilla, and put some of the chili in it to eat it (not a whole filled tortilla like a taco).

I have had it one time, but have never made it. It was good. I got some serious neck sweat going.

CD
It was very good. I used guajillo chiles as they are my favorite. They have just a hint of sweetness and a lot of flavor. It's called Chile Colorado for the color, so I am told. There are other things in it like onion, garlic, cumin, mexican oregano and chicken broth, although everyone I ever knew (and all the cooks on youtube) used Knorr boullion. If you ever try to do a Tex Mex dish that doesn't taste quite right, you didn't use Knorr boullion LOL.
This youtube video lists all of the ingredients in the comments although I don't measure, I just cook it. If you haven't cooked with dried chiles it is a good tutorial.

Vietnamese pork meatballs, with Vietnamese bun noodle salad (little gem lettuce, grated carrot, peanuts, beanspouts, mint, coriander, chopped red chilli, ginger and lemongrass), a dressing of lime juice, palm sugar, fish sauce and a little water, and a sauce of pounded garlic, red chilli and ginger, palm sugar, light soy sauce and fish sauce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom