What did you cook or eat today (June 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm testing a copycat recipe today. It's for Texas Roadhouse rolls with cinnamon butter. just getting started... will update in about 7 hours. :laugh:

Beef Balti with Pilau Rice.

We do a Cuban chicken and corn pie. It's delish!

Tonight's dinner was homemade red wine and garlic sausage with pierogi. The pierogi were filled with potato, homemade sauerkraut, sauteed onions and fresh cheese. Sauce for both was a caramelized onion, garlic, wine sauce, with the browned butter from browning the pierogi added at the end. Sour cream on the side. Yummy!

A couple of days I go I googled best top sirloin marinade. Mixed it up and marinated a top sirloin steak. Really good. I was watching a show on tv and saw this guy cooking potatoes in a weird way so I knew I had to try it. You trip you potatoes to a shape like a bar of soap. A rectangle. Two russet spuds. Salt and pepper. Browned in canola oil. Added beef stock, butter, sprigs of rosemary, thyme and sage. A little minced garlic. Reduced the heat and let simmer for 45 minutes. Plated and sliced. Drizzle sauce from the pan over them. Was pretty good actually.

A couple of days I go I googled best top sirloin marinade. Mixed it up and marinated a top sirloin steak. Really good. I was watching a show on tv and saw this guy cooking potatoes in a weird way so I knew I had to try it. You trip you potatoes to a shape like a bar of soap. A rectangle. Two russet spuds. Salt and pepper. Browned in canola oil. Added beef stock, butter, sprigs of rosemary, thyme and sage. A little minced garlic. Reduced the heat and let simmer for 45 minutes. Plated and sliced. Drizzle sauce from the pan over them. Was pretty good actually.

That sounds very similar to "fondant potatoes".

You don't want to cook?

That's correct. Sheltering at home for the past 3 months or so and having to cook is not my cup of tea, lol.

I just cut up some fresh lasagne sheets from the supermarket * with scissors. Boiled for 4 minutes and mixed in the spinach and mascarpone. I didn't really feel as if I'd cooked at all!

* I get food delivered from the supermarket.

I made spinach with goat cheese and Fettucini Saturday. A little bit of salt, pepper and minced garlic. Very delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom