What did you cook or eat today (June 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made turkey larb lettuce wraps for dinner.

This seems very un-Italian to me and I love it. Is there a recipe coming up?

Frico is one of those recipes that belong to the 'lesser known' category Italian recipes.
I had the opportunity to eat Frico in Trieste years ago.

The Late Night Gourmet do you know Frico? If I'm not mistaken, you're from Friuli or maybe you've been to Trieste or something like that?

Anyway, recipe coming up!

Last edited:
Wednesday - Mixed Pepper Venison Chili. Something I make when I have a flush of assorted peppers. The chili base cooked low and slow. I used 1 Jalapeno and one small Serrano minced. I also used purple bells, green bells and sweet banana peppers. The peppers were added at the end of the cooking process. The distinct flavors were not lost.
Last night - G is out of town so I rummaged in the fridge. 1/2 twice baked, stuffed potato, topped with an over easy dippy egg. Side of sauteed mushrooms and tomatoes.
I may venture out for a grocery run - with mask and gloves - maybe.

Sausage egg and chips. The egg looks a bit dirty but I fried it in the same pan as the bangers, finally mastered the triple cooked chips though I reckon.View attachment 41586
To me, that's how an egg should look, as I grew up eating them fried in the rendered fat from that morning's bacon. 😋

Paella. Must admit it is one of my top 5 dishes. So, I fried off some onion and chorizo, then added half a litre of chicken stock. A handful of Paella rice (or you can use risotto rice) and a sachet of paella seasoning I got in Spain. Just before the rice was cooked I threw in Prawns, mussels and a handful of frozen peas to warm through for a couple of minutes. I have just realised as I write this I completely forgot to add some chopped parsley which I usually do. I also add a pinch of cayenne or chilli flakes just because I like a little kick! Note, Schwartz do a more than acceptable paella spice mix in any supermarket, all the Spaniards I have talked to use spice mix, very few apparently mix their own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom