What did you cook or eat today (March 2023)?

Went to a new Izakaya that opened up at the end of the road, it was amazeballs. Can't wait to go back!

Yakitori: Chicken gizzards, pork belly, chicken thighs.
genki22-2.jpg

Takoyaki (octopus fritters with kew pie, eel sauce and bonito flakes)
genki15-2.jpg

Karage (Japanese fried chicken)
genki21-2.jpg

I Dream on Uni: Eel sauce, yuzu, uni, salmon roe all taken as a shooter. Was the star of the evening.
genki14-2.jpg

Katsu Curry Udon
genki8-2.jpg

Katsu Curry Rice
genki5-2.jpg

We had some other stuff as well, but only 6 photos at a time. Man, it was so damned good, I am so happy to have this place near by, or maybe it's a curse! Time will tell!

Craig's andouillette experience.

Experiences travelling abroad

I just looked up a definition, and here's what I found:

What does andouillette smell like?
Andouillette is basically a sausage that smells like poop and stale urine. True andouillettes are rarely seen outside France and have a strong, distinctive odour coming from the colon.

I just looked up a definition, and here's what I found:

What does andouillette smell like?
Andouillette is basically a sausage that smells like poop and stale urine. True andouillettes are rarely seen outside France and have a strong, distinctive odour coming from the colon.
So when I say, “I’m not eatin’ that 💩,” I won’t be far off the mark! :laugh:

Went to a new Izakaya that opened up at the end of the road, it was amazeballs. Can't wait to go back!

Yakitori: Chicken gizzards, pork belly, chicken thighs.
View attachment 97335

Takoyaki (octopus fritters with kew pie, eel sauce and bonito flakes)
View attachment 97334

Karage (Japanese fried chicken)
View attachment 97336

I Dream on Uni: Eel sauce, yuzu, uni, salmon roe all taken as a shooter. Was the star of the evening.
View attachment 97337

Katsu Curry Udon
View attachment 97338

Katsu Curry Rice
View attachment 97339

We had some other stuff as well, but only 6 photos at a time. Man, it was so damned good, I am so happy to have this place near by, or maybe it's a curse! Time will tell!
OH MAN!!!
I sooooo miss good Japanese food.

I didn't realise it was a joke. I genuinely thought there must have been an accident.
Clear now

Russ
It was an accident. His two buddies accidentally ate too much hot salsa.

The Vietnamese place in the food court near work are running some 50% days so for lunch I got the Big Bowl with beef, seafood spring rolls & sausage + salad, hold the carbs. Side of fresh chilli please.

CD8FE47C-D64C-472B-AD13-7A324E459149.jpeg

Last night I panfried barramundi dredged in seasoned potato starch & served it with stuffed capsicum (brown rice & mushrooms with zucchini & crumbled feta in there, topped with a dollop of salsa verde & cheese) and my favourite summer salad - cucumber, avocado, feta, dill, lime & pistachio oil.
6AC4E0C1-CABA-4C31-90CC-690E1B37B1EF.jpeg

Ok, this is going wayyy too far for St. Paddy's Day IMO.

20230316_154829.jpg

We went through the drive thru and asked for a dozen glazed at Krispy Kreme. The box was decorated for the day, but they didn't say the doughnuts were too. We got home opened the box and were surprised with 12 green doughnuts. They are green all the way through.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom