What did you cook or eat today (May 2020)?

The weather up here today is great as well. It's about 60F out and sunny, just a beautiful day. Going into the 40s tonight, we are going to have a fire in the chiminea tonight on the back deck with some wine after dinner. I am going to use some of that crockpot chicken to make soft corn tacos for dinner with pulled chicken. I have some pinto beans cooking in the crockpot to make refried beans later.

Crab cakes: White and brown crab meat with a little mashed potato and coriander, coated in panko breadcrumbs and shallow-fried in oil and butter - and the usual Jersey Royals

View attachment 41373

I absolutely love crab cakes and what could be better than Jersey Royals to accompany. :hungry:

:hyper:
Spring is over. We actually had an extended, lovely spring. Most unusual. Regardless of what the calendar says it is summer. High temps - mid to upper 80's. The humidity has not hit it's peak. Running at about 70%. We are outside only in the early morning and late evening. The AC and ceiling fans are on 24/7. The central air has humidity control. The inside humidity stays between 40% and 45%. Comfortable. It won't be long before the humidity is 90%+ and temps in the lower to mid 90's. Triple digit heat index. We have learned to adjust.

I forgot what thread I was on. G is at the lake camp. He will be home this evening. He had a client with him so IDK if he is bringing fish home or not. If he brings fresh fish home that is what we will have. If not I need to get something out of the freezer. Time for a phone call.

Back
Top Bottom