What did you cook or eat today (May 2020)?

:hyper:
Spring is over. We actually had an extended, lovely spring. Most unusual. Regardless of what the calendar says it is summer. High temps - mid to upper 80's. The humidity has not hit it's peak. Running at about 70%. We are outside only in the early morning and late evening. The AC and ceiling fans are on 24/7. The central air has humidity control. The inside humidity stays between 40% and 45%. Comfortable. It won't be long before the humidity is 90%+ and temps in the lower to mid 90's. Triple digit heat index. We have learned to adjust.

Yep. It is 85F right now at 5:30 PM. It is forecasted to be in the 90s all next week, with 95F by next weekend. No rain expected next week. I'll be watering my peppers and herbs a lot. My landscaping is all native trees, plants and turf, so at least I don't have to do much with that.

CD

Panko crusted chicken thighs with homemade egg noodles, gruyere cheese sauce, with carrots and green beans.
2020-05-31 18.43.08.jpg

Your phone camera is better than mine. You will be able to take some fantastic food photos.
I kinda think that they keep trying to reinvent the wheel here, LOL. After the Samsung 6 all photos were great. I think the amount of pixels really matters if you are blowing up to poster size, but after a certain amount that wheel is spinning just fine :)

I kinda think that they keep trying to reinvent the wheel here, LOL. After the Samsung 6 all photos were great. I think the amount of pixels really matters if you are blowing up to poster size, but after a certain amount that wheel is spinning just fine :)

There is a tradeoff between pixel counts and image quality. My professional camera is 16MP, while many consumer cameras are in the 20s, and have smaller sensors. The more pixels you try to cram into a given sensor space (a very small space on a phone cam), the more "noise" you get, and the more image processing the camera/phone cam has to apply to get a reasonably decent image.

I can see no reason for a phone cam to go over 10MP. Manufacturers just do it for marketing value, IMO.

CD

First class yorkshires with an even colour, a slight pink blush to the beef and a nice shiny gravy, first class... but what about the roasties????
Thank you, and fair point. Usually, Sunday lunch would be the big blowout of the week. At the moment, whilst stuck at home, every meal is a blowout, so portion control rules. No roasties.

This is a revelation and the result of experiments. I must post the recipe! Its Smoky Roasted Red Pepper Sauce - here its with chicken, but its a versatile sauce and would work with other meats, fish, seafood or eggs, I think.

View attachment 41388
Please post the recipe! I have an assortment of peppers growing, including reds. They are very large but have not turned red yet.

This is a revelation and the result of experiments. I must post the recipe! Its Smoky Roasted Red Pepper Sauce - here its with chicken, but its a versatile sauce and would work with other meats, fish, seafood or eggs, I think.

View attachment 41388
Have you posted your recipe? I REALLY need ideas. I am overwhelmed with peppers - both sweet and hot. Not red but flavorful.

You are a perfectionist. I am not concerned about color. I need your wonderful recipe for the flavor and texture.
Seriously. I have an abundance of sweet and hot peppers. I can freeze them but your divine pepper sauce sounds so much better.
Please. please, please share your recipe.:thankyou:

You are a perfectionist. I am not concerned about color. I need your wonderful recipe for the flavor and texture.
Seriously. I have an abundance of sweet and hot peppers. I can freeze them but your divine pepper sauce sounds so much better.
Please. please, please share your recipe.:thankyou:

Its here: Smoky Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

What we have here is brown lentils, peas, parsnips, leeks, garlic, chillis and ginger. Spicy, but not tongue-burning.

View attachment 40715
That looks delicious. A friend gave me some leeks yesterday and I was looking for something tried-n-true as I don't want to make potato and leek soup (made a small pot of chili yesterday). I've never used leeks before so this will be my first time.

P.S. Your photo is so pretty. Are all of you cooks AND photographers? ;-0

Back
Top Bottom