What did you cook or eat today (May 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you asked...we're sitting in the emergency room at the hospital. Since she fell several days ago, she's developed soreness along one side, along with waves of nausea.

She spoke to the on-call nurse at her doc's office, and the on-call nurse with our insurance, and because she's on blood thinners, it was, "Get thee to the emergency room!" - and the way emergency rooms work, we'll be here for the next several hours. As soon as they hear "I'm on blood thinners," it's always a direction to go straight to the emergency room. I don't know why she bothers calling any more. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Best of luck TR...our thoughts are with you guys

I had enough left over stuff from my Quinoa, Mango, Orange and Raspberry Fruit Parfait ingredients to make a 2nd parfait for dessert tonight.

full.jpg

Banh mi meatballs with spicy mayo (mayo, sriracha, green onions) and Asian carrot and radish slaw, wrapped in butter/living lettuce. Dessert will be Pepperidge Farm cherry turnovers with vanilla ice cream.
View attachment 62431

Sounds and looks delish. Meatball recipe please. I've made TastyReuben recipe, it's good, would love tomsev yours please.

Russ

Since you asked...we're sitting in the emergency room at the hospital. Since she fell several days ago, she's developed soreness along one side, along with waves of nausea.

She spoke to the on-call nurse at her doc's office, and the on-call nurse with our insurance, and because she's on blood thinners, it was, "Get thee to the emergency room!" - and the way emergency rooms work, we'll be here for the next several hours. As soon as they hear "I'm on blood thinners," it's always a direction to go straight to the emergency room. I don't know why she bothers calling any more. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Oh no, pass on our well wishes please. Thinking of you both. :(

Russ

Family here in a few hours, because we've been painting all weekend I'm doing s quick pasta and sauce. Smoked chicken is soooo good with this. Fettucine pasta.
Sauce from our freezer, it's last years. Oregano and basil fresh from our garden. Kids all love pasta. I will do garlic bread as a treat for the wee ones, they love garlic bread. With a drizzle of sweet Thai sauce and a few bits of cheddar on top.

Russ

Last nights dinner was half the turbot baked in a bag with chips and a roast tomato. Pud on treat night, pancakes spread with dark chocolate walnut fondant and local strawbs, The turbot was firm white and triple dogs flavor. Like all quality fresh fish in my opinion simplicity is the key.
1619925079002.png
1619925100354.png
1619925121555.png
1619925147963.png

Nice. Nearly bought one yesterday which I happened across, but too many things in my fridge I need to use first. How much per kg are they round your way? Here they’re about $50/kg.
From memory mate it was about 110 kuna a kg or £14 . The fish was 1.6 kgs. So about £20 pounds. Two of the more expensive fish here are the Scorfano and the John Dory. They are Mrs B fave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom