What did you cook or eat today (May 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have that meal about once every six months. I have a pretty high tolerance for fried foods and grease, but I have to admit, I was already feeling a bit queasy before I finished it.

Trouper that I am, though...I did finish it. :laugh:

There is a LJS on the other side of Frisco from me. That is the "family" side of town. I think someone has to at least be pregnant to buy a house there. They have every fast food franchise known to humans over there. We have the good restaurants on our side of town, where old divorced guys are allowed to live.

CD

One of my issues is that being from a small town, there is no place to get a good fish and chips on a consistent basis...so, like many things we eat, we make it ourselves..I might eat it more if it was available...maybe I'm lucky it's not..

There used to be a mom-n-pop place in Frisco called The Irish Rover. The owners were from the UK. They wandered around the pub all day, drinking and talking to patrons. The kitchen staff made things like cottage pie (very good) and an amazingly good haddock and chips -- best this side of "the pond."

It is closed, last time I drove by. Either Covid killed it, or the owner's livers failed.

CD

Last edited:
Lunch: Tuna cheese melt with fried onion and capsicum

1CD43E3D-4986-4A74-97B3-694EE7935FE5.jpeg

Since you asked...we're sitting in the emergency room at the hospital. Since she fell several days ago, she's developed soreness along one side, along with waves of nausea.

She spoke to the on-call nurse at her doc's office, and the on-call nurse with our insurance, and because she's on blood thinners, it was, "Get thee to the emergency room!" - and the way emergency rooms work, we'll be here for the next several hours. As soon as they hear "I'm on blood thinners," it's always a direction to go straight to the emergency room. I don't know why she bothers calling any more. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Oh no. So what did the er team do or say?
I know, works like that here too.
Probably because it is safer in the er, they can handle almost anything.

Since you asked...we're sitting in the emergency room at the hospital. Since she fell several days ago, she's developed soreness along one side, along with waves of nausea.

She spoke to the on-call nurse at her doc's office, and the on-call nurse with our insurance, and because she's on blood thinners, it was, "Get thee to the emergency room!" - and the way emergency rooms work, we'll be here for the next several hours. As soon as they hear "I'm on blood thinners," it's always a direction to go straight to the emergency room. I don't know why she bothers calling any more. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Hope everything turns out ok mate.

Everyone fed chicken fettucine and garlic bread. Dessert was banana loaf heated and hot custard and cream. Sons three kids weren't allowed dessert. Something happened that they were punished.

Rusd
Yes, similar thing happened with my kid yesterday, resulting in not getting the fun new blender in person then.
We refreshed the rules, set consequences, and just ordered the blender online. Due May 10 th.

Cooking Sunday lunch for my family.
Potatoes are still going in the oven

Vignarola, a roman condiment usually served as side dish but perfect also for pasta
Stuffed mushrooms
Sponge cake with strawberry juice, some fresh sliced strawberries, ricotta cream and grated dark chocolate

Last edited:
Great song. Almost tore the band apart, but also the one and only Billboard number one hit they ever had.

CD
I met them in Wembley with my mate John knocker Knowles who was Chris Rea personal manager. We are both massive fans. Unfortunately the performance represented old men going through the motions. The green room was not much better. It was populated by smashey and nicey look alike's
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaQCr4PIsHE

Change of plans, no day trip today as rain was predicted for 2 pm, and our (only) train would only leave at 5 pm.

Mini walk and McD. Great coffee (my size 0,3 l😎). Lovely cheesecake from a shop.

Very windy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom