What did you cook or eat today (May 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baked hake.
And can one eat lunch in 07 minutes? Well, yes.
Did chicken zucchini curry, forgot to pic. For kid fornext two days.
Cooking rice for sushi.
I could go to sleep right now(9.50 pm).

Today's meal has been one of my favorite old standby microwave meals, andouille sausage sandwiches with horse radish and sauerkraut.

full.jpg

I napped out at about noon and only just got up again. It's 3:32 pm. I wasn't energetic enough to go into cooking mode.

Barely cooked oysters, and I mean just barely, just enough for them to start plumping, with a compound butter of garlic, green onions, creole seasoning, thyme, a touch of worchestershire, some lemon juice, salt and pepper. Served on a bed of rice pilaf to soak up any overflows. We first had these oysters in the French Market restaurant in downtown NOLA nearly 20 years ago.

Barely cooked oysters, and I mean just barely, just enough for them to start plumping, with a compound butter of garlic, green onions, creole seasoning, thyme, a touch of worchestershire, some lemon juice, salt and pepper. Served on a bed of rice pilaf to soak up any overflows. We first had these oysters in the French Market restaurant in downtown NOLA nearly 20 years ago.
View attachment 64176
They look yummy, have you tried raw dipped in malt vinegar and pepper?

Russ

They look yummy, have you tried raw dipped in malt vinegar and pepper?

Russ
No malt vinegar for me, and certainly not with pepper. Don't like the former at all, and don't like a predominant black pepper flavor.

We've eaten raw many time before. Craig likes them either way, as well as battered and fried for an oyster po'boy. For me, raw are okay as a shooter or just a squeeze of lemon, but I prefer them just warmed enough to plump and treated as above.

No malt vinegar for me, and certainly not with pepper. Don't like the former at all, and don't like a predominant black pepper flavor.

We've eaten raw many time before. Craig likes them either way, as well as battered and fried for an oyster po'boy. For me, raw are okay as a shooter or just a squeeze of lemon, but I prefer them just warmed enough to plump and treated as above.
I'm in all of those. We have them in season, $40 dozen battered, looking at them I'm prolly getting them for lunch tomorrow.

Russ

I like them grilled over charcoal with garlic butter (on the half-shell). It gives them a slight smoky flavor. That, and Oysters Rockefeller.

CD

I like them grilled over charcoal with garlic butter (on the half-shell). It gives them a slight smoky flavor. That, and Oysters Rockefeller.

CD
Try them with the compound butter. I use acme oyster house recipe pretty much. I'll post link tomorrow if you want. I used the oven easy open method too.

I'll make you more jealous, $15 on sale this week, regular $36 and change.

I think oysters can be cheaper here than in the US - maybe because of the coast being nearby. I can get a dozen for about the same price - or maybe a little more. I certainly wouldn't have to pay $36 (which is over £25). In a restaurant it would be a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom