What did you cook or eat today (May 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Homemade ( well, the dough was store bought) pizza with leftover roast veg & tomato sauce & mozzarella.

Believe it or not, yes. :rolleyes:

CD
I was up about the same time...but it was because of 🤬 work.

My brother, who loved his drink waaaayyy too much (and is now paying the price with liver issues of his own) once made me laugh with a reaction of his.

Just after my wife was diagnosed with her auto-immune disorder (myositis) the doc told her to cut out the booze for a while, until they got things under control, at least.

My brother stopped by one day to see how she was doing, and it went something like this:

Lee: So, how's she doing?
Me: Well, she's having a hard time walking very far right now, that's one thing.
L: Um-hmmm... (not really engaged)
M: It's attacking her muscles, so anything muscle-related, she's struggling with.
L: I see...(still not paying attention)
M: So breathing is hard for her...that's chest muscles, and eating is hard...it's a muscle reflex to swallow, and even pooping is hard, because that involves your muscles as well.
L: Uh-huh...(fiddling with something on his phone)
M: Plus, the meds they started her on, she can't drink any alcohol.
L: WHAT?!?! THAT'S...THAT'S...INHUMANE!!! SHE CAN'T HAVE A DRINK?!? ARE YOU SURE?!?! OH MY F***ING GOD!!! ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW DOCTOR?!?! THAT'S F***ING INSANE!!! HOW IS SHE SUPPOSED TO F***ING RELAX AND DEAL WITH STRESS?!?! SHE SHOULD BE DRINKING MORE BOOZE!!! F**K!!!

(five second pause)

Can she smoke weed?

:laugh:

I was up about the same time...but it was because of 🤬 work.

My brother, who loved his drink waaaayyy too much (and is now paying the price with liver issues of his own) once made me laugh with a reaction of his.

Just after my wife was diagnosed with her auto-immune disorder (myositis) the doc told her to cut out the booze for a while, until they got things under control, at least.

My brother stopped by one day to see how she was doing, and it went something like this:

Lee: So, how's she doing?
Me: Well, she's having a hard time walking very far right now, that's one thing.
L: Um-hmmm... (not really engaged)
M: It's attacking her muscles, so anything muscle-related, she's struggling with.
L: I see...(still not paying attention)
M: So breathing is hard for her...that's chest muscles, and eating is hard...it's a muscle reflex to swallow, and even pooping is hard, because that involves your muscles as well.
L: Uh-huh...(fiddling with something on his phone)
M: Plus, the meds they started her on, she can't drink any alcohol.
L: WHAT?!?! THAT'S...THAT'S...INHUMANE!!! SHE CAN'T HAVE A DRINK?!? ARE YOU SURE?!?! OH MY F***ING GOD!!! ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW DOCTOR?!?! THAT'S F***ING INSANE!!! HOW IS SHE SUPPOSED TO F***ING RELAX AND DEAL WITH STRESS?!?! SHE SHOULD BE DRINKING MORE BOOZE!!! F**K!!!

(five second pause)

Can she smoke weed?

:laugh:
Not sure whether to laugh or sorry.

Not really cooking, but I just got done making spicy mayo and an Asian carrot radish slaw for tonight's dinner. Craig's in charge of the rest, which does involve actual cooking.

And, I got everything ready to make olive salad using the giardinieria I made several days ago. I didn't realize we were out of red wine vinegar until I went to look for it and found 3, yes 3, bottles of sherry vinegar, all open. 2 are ours, and the third was from a neighbor moving out of state just before COVID hit and she didn't want to move food stuff so gave us all her vinegars and oils. All the stuff is in the food processor ready to go when he gets back. It will sit overnight, then muffaletta tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom