What did you cook or eat today (May 2024)?

I made cajun chicken schnitzels, roast potatoes and green beans & carrots
20240505_123722.jpg

And for lunch I had a pita with Halloumi & homemade preserved Bell peppers
20240505_163707.jpg

20240505_185241.jpg

I cooked my first meal with the new Eslite cookware. I made chicken stroganoff. I used the stock pot for the rigatoni on which I served it, the deep sided skillet for the stroganoff and the small sauce pan for the asparagus. The cookware performed as I thought it would. It worked nicely and was super easy to clean up. Some assembly is required to affix all the handles to the pans and lids.

Perfect? No. The two large pans suffer from a common problem with most cookware. That is that, while the exterior of the bottom is flat, the interior of the bottom is slightly convex. To cook the stroganoff I started by using the pan to brown the chicken tenders and saute the onion and garlic. I put a little oil in the pan and it moved to the edges immediately leaving the center dry of oil. After adding the other ingredients, of course, that wasn't an issue but I see no benefit to this issue. The skillets don't share the problem but the stroganoff is a one pot dish and I prefer to cook it that way. The Calphalon 4 qt pot I normally use to cook this dish doesn't have the problem either so I have kept it for dishes like this when I want to saute before adding other ingredients.

The non-stick ability of the cookware is as good as it gets. While that will decline over time it will always be more non stick than other types of pans. At the price, I consider the product to be a terrific value and It has already replaced my stainless steel pans as well as the other non stick products I have. I moved 7 stainless pans to storage and 8 others will go to Goodwill as a donation. I kept my stainless sauciers and butter warmer also. They don't need to be non stick. I do need to add a new crepe pan since my old one is warped. Eslite makes one so I'm likely to go with it. Let me know if you have any questions.

We’re having canned tomato soup, grilled cheese, and french fries, so those last two posts look especially good to me right now! 🤤!
Have you ever tried grating the cheese into the soup? Or small cubes, they work really well as well. It's a great addition.

Back
Top Bottom