What did you cook or eat today (May 2024)?

Nope, but I will now.

I did see a tip where someone made a very thin grilled cheese, then cut it up into croutons for the soup.
If you like melted cheese, it is excellent both on the top of hidden at the bottom of the bowl. I can clearly remember this as a kid before my mother remarried for the first time (so I'd have been 5 years old), so our family have been adding grated cheese to (usually the tinned version) tomato soup for generations, literally.

If you like melted cheese, it is excellent both on the top of hidden at the bottom of the bowl. I can clearly remember this as a kid before my mother remarried for the first time (so I'd have been 5 years old), so our family have been adding grated cheese to (usually the tinned version) tomato soup for generations, literally.
My mom put a pat of butter and black pepper in tomato soup. That's how I like it. I sometimes float Cheez-its or cheddar goldfish crackers in mine.

My mom put a pat of butter and black pepper in tomato soup. That's how I like it. I sometimes float Cheez-its or cheddar goldfish crackers in mine.
I used to cook scrabbled eggs the way described in the Swallows and Amazons book. The directions were to put a much butter in as you dared... the expectation being 1oz of butter per egg. They were known as buttered eggs and we'd serve them directly on to unbuttered toast. Sadly my full blown dairy allergy put pay to all such culinary delights. :(

I made from-scratch biscuits and sausage gravy with fried over-medium eggs for DH. I am still just drinking coffee, I will probably eat something here in the next 30 minutes or so.

Last edited:
Justin Bieber. I’ve heard of him. Can’t say I have ever actually heard him. Did see a comedy show that had a clip of mtr

i have heard of him. Can’t say I have actually heard him. Saw a comedy show that had a clip of Mr Beiber vomiting. The comedian said beiber must have heard his own singing.
He actually has a good voice, but I don't care for his music. I heard him on accident because a friend's teenager insisted on putting the pop music station on the radio while we were driving somewhere. I think my ears were bleeding, LOL!

I just don’t want him to cover his body in things he thinks are cool aged 21 that later he’ll regret, but he is 21 and it’s his body so I said what I thought about a year ago before his first one and now I refrain from saying anything.

Back then I did asked him to keep them off his lower arms incase he wants to change direction job wise later on and suggested he keeps some skin space for later on when his tastes have changed, no need to fill every inch right now!

Technically we are very much financially supporting him and worse still I gave him the money for it by paying him to dog sit while I was away! 😂
It never ends. All our kids are self supporting. Have a grandson in college about an hour away. His parents are currently in Hawaii. We are the closest relatives he has. We have helped him out a couple of times. He only asked once and it wasn’t much. But we have gone grocery shopping for him. Filled his car with gas. Wife and I got married young. We had nobody for help if we needed it. So we understand. We’ve been there. You never forget where you came from.

I have been making my pizzas with Gruyere cheese. I used Gouda the last time. Those two cheeses work very well on pizza
I would certainly support the use of gruyere on pizza. It is my favorite melting cheese. But it is expensive.

Not too hungry tonight so just had curried beans on toast and poached eggs, really enjoy the simple things in life sometimes.
E1D5E731-6962-4252-BB54-6DA9705AFCDB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom