What did you cook or eat today (May 2024)?

Lemon curd, sun in a jar ❤️
20240509_085328.jpg

Then there's this kind of chicken salad. The last time I had it, before my mother passed a while back, when I was visiting her, it was served on a bed of finely sliced iceberg lettuce.

Retro Recipe - California Chicken Salad
I've never put melted butter and mayonnaise together, what's it like?
Do you get more of a butter or mayo flavour coming through?

I only made lemon curd for the first time last year. I was blown away by how much better it is than the pre-made stuff.

Another vote for the sunshine in a jar!
Yeah it's very different from the jarred stuff, vastly superior indeed. That's why I make it a few times a year, it's absolutely delicious

Hey SandwichShortOfAPicnic:
Tuna casserole with peas, topped with potato chips/crisps:
View attachment 113360
View attachment 113361

Aaargh the peas are hurting my eyes 😂

Thanks for that. I’m curious and think I’ll give it whirl 👍
But I seem to have accumulated quite a lot of things I have to try so I’m gonna have to stop looking at food and recipes for a while until my newly cleared utility shelves look reasonable again 😂

So far I have the Homany, Jujubes, Canneloni, buttercream recipe and now this on the list. I’m trying to resist the urge to stick the tetrazzini on there too!

In the USA, chicken salad is chopped chicken usually with mayo, celery, onion, and such that really is designed for sandwiches and crackers. I get you might not know that. Some people might put it on lettuce or with other veggies.
Tuna salad and chicken salad are basically the same thing, just one with chicken and the other with tuna. I'll devour both!

Yeah it's very different from the jarred stuff, vastly superior indeed. That's why I make it a few times a year, it's absolutely delicious
I bought a jar of lemon curd once. Then returned it. YUCK! Decided to try making it at home. I make mine in the Instant Pot. I love it!

lemon_curd_031317_1_P1100022.JPG

Back
Top Bottom