What did you cook or eat today (November 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I'm being stupid but what is crud? In the UK it means an encrustation of something dirty - like accumulated mud or grease.
Basically the common cold. Headache, fever, sore throat, cough, sneezing, chest congestion. Normally I would not go to the doctor. With Covid I did go to the clinic for a test. I am much better thank you mjd-lovescooking .

Looks good. My mother made pigs' feet with BBQ sauce when we were growing up. I'm not big on pork because I have GI issues. I like ham and pork chops occasionally. I have never understood people's absolute love for bacon. I can take it or leave it (I know, thems fightin' words ;-).

What did you have for sides?

I just had them with some steamed rice to soak up the red sauce.

Proper Sunday lunch today. It’s the last day of Welsh lockdown! Tomorrow I can get back to going to my office (for one day a week) rather than 10 hours in the she shed. I can not wait.
Best of all is tomorrow will be an easy left over dinner when I get home.

George never keeps venison rib racks whole. He usually cuts the meat off the bone and uses it in sausage. Last year he kept a rack. Yesterday he defrosted it, cut it into smaller pieces, seasoned it and put it in the slow cooker with a little chicken broth, chopped onion and Jack Miller BBQ Sauce. He cooked it all afternoon and into the evening. After tasting a bite my tongue felt like it was coated in wax. G put it in the fridge overnight. This morning he removed a very thick layer of tallow. He cut the meat off the bones and turned the pot back on. After 3 more hours it was tender and tasted OK. I like venison but the ribs are not worth the effort.
George can do a good job in the kitchen. He is always in charge of Fish Sauce Picante, grilling and camp stews. This was not his best effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom