What did you cook or eat today (November 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's basically a pork meat loaf. So there's pork, soaked bread, onions, garlic, an egg and a little sage, parsley, salt and pepper.

I can't remember writing up the recipe in CookingBites, but if not, it is here: Haslet

I’ve just read the recipe, it made me think also a bit to meatballs preparation. Very nice

Spicy shrimp tacos with jalapeno mango sour cream sauce
Recipe posted to the relevant section: Recipe & Video - Spicy Shrimp Tacos with jalapeno & sour cream dressing

Very nice tacos. Those would sell here in Tejas (Texas). I'd lose the mayo, but otherwise, the mango jalapeño sauce is true. Nice char on the shrimps, and you didn't overcook them.

Those look like flour tortillas. Taco tortillas is a little vague. Corn or flour tortillas are equally accepted in Tex-Mex tacos.

Consider those "Texan Approved."

CD

Last edited:
Very nice tacos. Those would sell here in Tejas (Texas). I'd lose the mayo, but the mango jalapeño sauce it true.

Those look like flour tortillas. Taco tortillas is a little vague. Corn or flour tortillas are equally accepted in Tex-Mex tacos.

CD
You are right, taco tortillas is vague, these are flour tortillas.

Thank you for the inspiration. Lunch time was fast approaching, and I realised we had about 75% of the ingredients to make this dish. 100% there with the marinade - awesome. Subbed little gem lettuce for the cabbage - it worked, but the cabbage would have given better crunch. Added some grilled peppers because they needed using up. Enchiladas subbed for tacos. A very good lunch, thank you Hungry Man

I added Hungry Man's KFC batter to the pike-perch fillets I had stored for days in our 0°C fridge compartment (adjacent to the freezer). I had run out of eggs, so the batter didn't stick that well. Who cares when the taste was great - accompanied with chanterelle risotto (bought ready made from a cooking school store nearby; they always cook from scratch and never use food additives) and home made quickly lemon-pickled cucumbers (salt, pepper, lemon juice, maple syrup + lots of dill).
kuh_.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom