What did you cook or eat today (November 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waldorf salad, with added Stilton cheese.

I made some basic Tex-Mex tacos, with seasoned ground beef, sliced onions, shredded cheese and pico de gallo. I made my own taco meat seasoning. The store bought stuff is a sodium bomb.

Later in the morning, I think I'll scramble some eggs with some of the meat and cheese, for a breakfast taco or two.

CD

I know Vincenzo! He is a great cook!
I also like Vincenzo's recipes for authentic Italian dishes, he even (rightfully) criticizes top chefs for their Italian dishes.
This is my way to do it, I think it should be pretty similar to Vincenzo's. You are welcome to criticize as an Italian :rolleyes:
View: https://youtu.be/RHHfHL5tBxA

Waldorf salad, with added Stilton cheese.View attachment 50248

That's a great looking salad, but not the Waldorf salad you would get at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, NYC, where it was invented. A Waldorf salad is a fruit and nut salad generally made of fresh apples, celery, walnuts, and grapes, dressed in mayonnaise, and traditionally served on a bed of lettuce.

Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 4.53.01 AM.jpg

CD

That's a great looking salad, but not the Waldorf salad you would get at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, NYC, where it was invented. A Waldorf salad is a fruit and nut salad generally made of fresh apples, celery, walnuts, and grapes, dressed in mayonnaise, and traditionally served on a bed of lettuce.

View attachment 50256

CD
I think I need to work on my presentation! I did manage all of those ingredients apart from the grapes, just added tomato. cucumber, chopped peppers and Stilton because sometimes I am a glutz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom