What did you cook or eat today (November 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're all making chilli tonight! I'm de-frosting the meat right now.
I should have made it two nights ago, because we had a cold snap, but now it's heating up again. Low this morning around 25F/-4C, high tomorrow close to 70F/20C. Too hot for chili!

Another cake (Lime Cake) today. Here's the recipe.
li_14.jpg

Last edited:
Look at me, using leftovers like a boss (that's the rest of the pizza sauce from Friday):

Hey...that pic is unintentionally somewhat artsy-fartsy! La dee dah!
"La-di-da". Remembrance of Annie Hall makes your dish look even more delicious, TastyReuben. Mom took me to the movies to watch Annie Hall when I was 9. I didn't quite get Allen's sarcastic humor at that age but I learnt to love it later. Allen's interest in adolescent girls is contemptible but I like his style - and Diane Keaton's.

We had a pre-prep day except for my lime cake and a fruitie made of pears, blueberries, strawberries, orange juice and banana. Lunch was smoked salmon with Waldorf salad, green salad and sliced avocado. A while ago we had pizza with kebab slices and chili. No pics.

Last night, Sarma (veal mince stuffed fermented cabbage rolls) and mash. Pud a bowl of very sweet local pomegranate.
View attachment 49715View attachment 49716View attachment 49717
Cabbage rolls with minced meat taste wonderful. You've substituted the dark syrup (I'm used to) with sweet pomegranate. The dish looks lovely. You seem to prepare everything from scratch, with variability and from super fresh, often local ingredients. That is respectable and inspirational. (IMHO) Your pics get better and better every day.

I just had common oatmeal with frozen black currants for breakfast as usual. We're going to make another salmon soup today; it's such comfort food when it's dark and cold outside.

Thank you, the only non Croatian Fruit we buy is Bananas and Mangoes. In the week I restrict my calorie intake by eating seasonal fruit. My faves at this time of year are Plums, Pomegranates, Mandarins, Oranges and Pears. We do not eat chilled ready meals, even in the UK when my wife worked for Waitrose it was a no no. I did business with Northern Foods in the UK and visited a number of their factories. They even had a factory dedicated to making M&S chilled meals. The whole process is sterile and unappetizing for me. Back in the day a good business friend was MD here Our Company His pizza's were good but not as good as our home made. I did get free pizza stones from his production line. Making from scratch, why not when you have all the pieces needed for the jigsaw. Blue sky's and sunshine here but getting colder at night.I suppose its because of the short winter, my wife is typical she will eat hot soup and "comfort food throughout the summer.

Last edited:
Mcdonalds, Burger king and Kentucky only exist here in the tourist malls and one branch of Mcd next to the University Hall of residence. The other branches closed through lack of interest. Pizza is big here with the youth but only if it is from wood ovens. There are no global chain pizza places here THE 10 BEST Pizza Places in Split - Tripadvisor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom