What did you cook or eat today (October 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TastyReuben

That's awesome!

I'm a bit frustrated because I'm taking a medication that increases my appetite. I'm snacking more in between meals so I'll have to doctor about switching that one. I also found an iced tea that I love and buy it by the case. I'm going to start diluting it half-n-half with water. On top of that, I look at all the beautiful photos and recipes here and I want to try them all! Can you gain weight looking at beautiful foods? I think I do! Ha Ha

Hopefully, I will have as much luck as you and MrsT. Keep up the good work! ;-0

Made this (starting yesterday but cooked/ate today) brined pork chop with blackberry and juniper sauce. It was going to be an entry to the recipe contest as I used junipers in the brine as well as the sauce. But I just saw Hemulen had a similiar, and nicer sounding pork chop recipe with the orange and slower cook technique. In saying that, this turned out quite nicely too I think. Have got an idea for another juniper meat dish, so will keep working on that for a submission.

Ignore the hyperbole of the video title below...it's a bit of an in joke with some work mates.

View: https://youtu.be/kRaluvAsSSE

Last edited:
Another "even plan B is suspect" day today. We left snooker at 15:00 and travelled all around town to discover there were neither char siu noodle stalls, nor Hainanese chicken rice stalls, nor prawn won ton stalls open anywhere (that we could find).

Settled for Scotch broth and brown bread.

This is an image I captured earlier.

I have videos of the journey which if I am able to edit/join tomorrow, I may bore you with it.

Tonight meal, the half of the Calves liver pictured on the plate. Fried rare to medium for me, well done for Mrs Blank. Fine sliced cabbage cooked low and slow in bacon schmaltz, onion gravy made with chicken stock from a boiling fowl.
1602066242674.png

Thanks!

The only thing I'm doing is making better choices, exercising portion control, and severely limiting alcohol intake, sticking to around 18oz of beer a week.

Better choices...I used to eat potato chips/crisps for my between-meal snacks, chocolate, things like that. Now it's yogurt and fresh fruit, mainly.

We're both exercising a bit more as well. I'm walking three miles a day (treadmill) five days a week, and MrsT is doing about half that.
My wife absolutely loves her treadmill. She's up at 6 every morning and does 4 miles running/ walking, while I stay in bed listening to the radio.....she asked me if I wanted to join her, I said " what do you prefer, a training buddy or a personal chef"? That shut her up!:roflmao:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom