What did you cook or eat today (October 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know either. Anyone?
If you're talking to an American, and they say "a can of tomato sauce," they likely mean this:
In the U.S., "tomato sauce" refers to two distinct sauces. One is a tomato concentrate with salt and minimal herbs, used in cooking. This product is considered incomplete and not normally used as is. Related ingredients are tomato purée and tomato paste, each of which is similar but paste has a thicker consistency. Tomato purée and tomato paste have FDA standards of identity (since 1939) for percentage of tomato solids, and generally do not contain seasonings other than salt; tomato sauce is nonstandardized.[11]

It's a can of pureed tomatoes that has been cooked down, strained, etc. No seasoning, other than maybe salt. It's much, much, much thinner than tomato paste, but along that line.

Yes, it is very plain. It is used as a base for a finished sauce. I don't use it. If I need a basic tomato sauce, I run canned whole San Marzano tomatoes through a blender.

CD

Turned leftovers into a stir-fry.

Late lunch, tummy was rumbling. Backn n egg toasted sammich with Swiss cheese and hp sauce. Very very yummy. Think it will get Burt Blank attention.

Russ

View attachment 47862
Russers very symmetrical layout, perfect skid marks on the plate from careful positioning. Brilliantly clean diagonal cut to maximize presentation. 9/10, I deducted 1 because one BESCSHP is difficult to present and eat ! In my opinion a portion of your BESCSHP should be a minimum of 2 rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom