What did you cook or eat today (October 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, that is a combination I would have never thought of.

CD

Oh, first attempt for me, I thought “if peas work fine in frittata, why not with scrambled eggs?”
And I wasn’t disappointed at all. I’ve also added black pepper and grated Asiago cheese, but I think that any other cheese would be ok

Earl grey and a few biscuits I bought yesterday. They are yummy.

Russ

Your roast potatoes are becoming legendary!
I do them the Jamie Oliver way and I have to say they never fail. Parboil for 10 minutes, I cut them quite large. Then give them a shake to chuff them up. I put a tea towel over them to dry them out then stir in a large bowl with a little olive oil, sea salt, cracked pepper and dried thyme before placing on a cold baking sheet well separated. After half an hour in the oven at 170f fan I take them out and lightly crush with a potato masher, this opens up a few cracks and increases the surface area on the baking sheet, another very light drizzle of olive oil and back in the oven for another 30 minutes or so they always come out like this. I won’t change this method because it works perfectly every time. I use Maris Piper or Maris Peer spuds but it works with Idaho potatoes just as well.

Me and a friend went to one of the fancy restaurants in my street. I live in an area with 3 or 4 fancy restaurants, the one right next door has private parking for their customers and there’s always a couple of Ferraris and Porsches parked there :happy: But my friend forgot her Ferrari so we had to go to another restaurant. I had Mozambican shrimp with kaififi pasta and passionfruit risotto.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do them the Jamie Oliver way and I have to say they never fail. Parboil for 10 minutes, I cut them quite large. Then give them a shake to chuff them up. I put a tea towel over them to dry them out then stir in a large bowl with a little olive oil, sea salt, cracked pepper and dried thyme before placing on a cold baking sheet well separated. After half an hour in the oven at 170f fan I take them out and lightly crush with a potato masher, this opens up a few cracks and increases the surface area on the baking sheet, another very light drizzle of olive oil and back in the oven for another 30 minutes or so they always come out like this. I won’t change this method because it works perfectly every time. I use Maris Piper or Maris Peer spuds but it works with Idaho potatoes just as well.
That's pretty much how I used to do them, but for some reason more recently I have been experimenting with higher temperatures and drenching in seasoned flour or semolina. Seeing yours, I realise I have drifted from the true path! Roll on Sunday.

That's pretty much how I used to do them, but for some reason more recently I have been experimenting with higher temperatures and drenching in seasoned flour or semolina. Seeing yours, I realise I have drifted from the true path! Roll on Sunday.
Epicurate my son, I absolve you of past sins against the roasters . Mine are just par boiled forked for grooves and roasted in duck fat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom