What did you cook or eat today (October 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never eaten it either. I don't like spinach. It's considered a steakhouse/supper club classic. At those meals, I always get the hash browns.

When I do make spinach for her, it's always baby spinach. This was the first time I ever cooked mature spinach, so there was a lot of trimming and chopping going on. MrsT said that the mature spinach was much more flavorful.

I've never seen hash browns at a prime steakhouse. It is always mashed potatoes or some kind of gratin.

CD

I've never seen hash browns at a prime steakhouse. It is always mashed potatoes or some kind of gratin.

CD
Where we like to go, they make a single serving in maybe a 7 or 8 inch skillet and they come out flipped over on their own plate and they're a thing of beauty.

I had a bunch of leftover shrooms from my kabob cook a few days ago, so I made some stuffed mushrooms. No recipe -- completely made up. The stuffing is cream cheese, minced garlic, and chives. I drizzled everything with EVOO, and sprinkled the tops with black pepper and bread crumbs. I cooked them in the oven in a ceramic dish with a generous coating of EVOO -- which the shrooms soaked up like a sponge.

I had no idea what to expect, but they were really good.

Shrooms001.jpg

CD

I had a bunch of leftover shrooms from my kabob cook a few days ago, so I made some stuffed mushrooms. No recipe -- completely made up. The stuffing is cream cheese, minced garlic, and chives. I drizzled everything with EVOO, and sprinkled the tops with black pepper and bread crumbs. I cooked them in the oven in a ceramic dish with a generous coating of EVOO -- which the shrooms soaked up like a sponge.

I had no idea what to expect, but they were really good.

View attachment 48407

CD
Now they would go well with steak.

Tonight is chicken thighs braised in reconstituted dried porcini mushrooms. De-boned and served with pasta. Mrs Blank dislikes the texture of mushrooms so I blitz them. Pics tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom