What did you cook or eat today (October 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lentil and Italian Sausage Soup
Carrabba's is an American Italian casual dining chain. My favorite dish is their Lentil and Italian Sausage Soup. I found several recipes on line and selected the one that appeared to be closest to the restaurant recipe. It is wonderful with many layers of flavor and texture.

Lentil and Italian Sausage Soup
Carrabba's is an American Italian casual dining chain. My favorite dish is their Lentil and Italian Sausage Soup. I found several recipes on line and selected the one that appeared to be closest to the restaurant recipe. It is wonderful with many layers of flavor and texture.

Carrabba's is certainly better than Olive Garden, but I'm not a big fan. They do have pretty good soups. But, I have no doubt yours is much better. :thumbsup:

CD

Same old for breky, meatballs tonight from a gift of a friend. I will see if they are as good as the recipe TastyReuben gave me. Wife's having dinner at work for a meeting. And sorting staff problems with theft.

Russ

Carrabba's is certainly better than Olive Garden, but I'm not a big fan. They do have pretty good soups. But, I have no doubt yours is much better. :thumbsup:

CD
I do not eat there often. I can not remember the last time I did so. Their Lentil Soup is the one thing I enjoyed and wanted to replicate. Olive Garden? Please. Multiple decades since I have eaten there. Yes, I am a restaurant snob. Especially when it comes to chains.

Lamb Loin Chops, Sous Vide Garlic Herb Potatoes, Mint Pesto

I enjoyed the Mint with the dish, however, next time I think I would make a mint cream and run it through an ISI cannister

View attachment 48696
I enjoyed the Mint with the dish, however, next time I think I would make a mint cream and run it through an ISI cannister

Maybe mint jelly, I use that and also mint sauce. Nice chop. We had them two days ago.

Russ

A 'Plan B' lunch - hastily put together store cupboard ingredients - pasta carbonara. It was good.

What should have been lunch became supper - tomato tarte tatin. This was well worth the three hours it took, and may end up as a puff pastry challenge entry.

Served with a goats cheese and walnut salad.

This was a Cornish pasty which I cooked last week, froze and then reheated in the microwave. Not a great success story. I have two other uncooked pasties in the freezer which I shall try later.

Cornish pasty with Bisto onion gravy, air fried chips and garden peas.

View attachment 48696

The splash - one of my favourite Michelen star chefs uses that plating technique. Michael O'Hare:

1603182706986.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom