What did you cook or eat today (October 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is the monthly sausage buffet, our first appearance in over two years. Doesn't look pretty, but it's tasty:

The family that own the business I admin grow Warrigal greens, a type of indigenous spinach, in their home garden. It’s a fantastic ground cover apparently. It’s also mild like asian greens and so I used some for a dumpling filling filling with prawns.

Served with soy, spring onion, my favourite seafood chilli crisp which includes toasted ground prawn shell, sesame seeds and a few drops of siracha.

The family that own the business I admin grow Warrigal greens, a type of indigenous spinach, in their home garden. It’s a fantastic ground cover apparently. It’s also mild like asian greens and so I used some for a dumpling filling filling with prawns.

View attachment 72640

Served with soy, spring onion, my favourite seafood chilli crisp which includes toasted ground prawn shell, sesame seeds and a few drops of siracha.
Amazing 😍

View attachment 72640

I thoroughly enjoyed my meal, but seeing what you had I would happily swap, much more up my street these days.

We went for a late lunch after the grocery. I got a Dungeness crab boil with a garlicky butter sauce. Craig got 4 blue crabs, around a pound, with the same. Both came with potatoes and corn like you would get at a boil dinner in Louisiana. They bring them to you in blown up heavy duty clear plastic bags on charger plates. You untie the bags, let the air out and fold the bag down then dig in. My Dungeness is pictured. I got the 1 pound size and ate about half of it. Picked the rest to bring home. Craig got an order of their gumbo to bring home to try.

You can get snow crab legs, black or green mussels, crawfish, shrimp, clams with your choice of various sauces up to a firey hot Cajun sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom