What did you cook or eat today (October 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The family that own the business I admin grow Warrigal greens, a type of indigenous spinach, in their home garden. It’s a fantastic ground cover apparently. It’s also mild like asian greens and so I used some for a dumpling filling filling with prawns.

View attachment 72640

Served with soy, spring onion, my favourite seafood chilli crisp which includes toasted ground prawn shell, sesame seeds and a few drops of siracha.
Awesome...great to see someone showcasing Aussie native product.

Today's meal was tuna salad sandwiches with French fries.

full.jpg

Ahhhh, you beat me to it. :laugh:

CD
I think it's technically called the "Händlmaier's Freunde Cincinnati 2nd Saturday Weisswurstessen, Ja!" - which is why I just call it "the sausage buffet." :laugh:

Today was the 15th anniversary, actually, so we got a little bag o' trinkets on the way in:

Sons 42 today, his choice for dinner tonight,
Meat samosas, vegetable samosas with rhaita and date and tamarind chutney. My fave chutney I couldn’t get for years, but found some in a new Asian store, hampa brand.
BBQ daughter will cook, ( suits me) sausages, chicken kebabs, lamb shoulder chops. Corn wrapped in foil.
Apple crumble, I’m half way through, just taking a break. His faves. With cream and ice cream, jelly for kids.

Russ

I have that growing in my veg plot. I'm always looking for ideas on how to use it!

Me too! They send me home with a big bag every Friday. Saturday morning I remove the leaves from the stems & wash then spin in the salad spinner. At that point I either wilt in a hot pan with butter & garlic then refrigerate or I just put the spinach leaves in a veggie bag in the fridge.

If I ever grow it it won’t be in the veg patch but probably under fruit trees as ground cover.

I did save seed last week so who knows.

I use a lot of frozen spinach - added at the end to curries and stuff so I’ve been using Warrigal instead.

I’ve been attempting to do a later brekky & an early dinner time as we like snacks in front of the tv on weekends. So brunch & linner?

I really wanted fish tacos. This was good but didn’t quite satisfy the craving.

Corn chips, grilled veg, chilli oil, salsa verde (heavy on the lemon zest & coriander) white corn tortilla, fish & some pineapple & steak. Corn salsa & guacamole.

Made Banh Xeo for lunch today....my attempt at a classic Vietnamese street food crispy pancake. That's incidentally gluten and dairy free.

I was going to enter this for the chook challenge, but couldn't in good faith do it as really (like any pancake) you can just wack in any fillings you want, and here I just used up the leftovers of a roast chook. So not a chicken recipe per se.

And the inevitable video.....
View: https://youtu.be/SSF8jFZtEGw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom