What did you cook or eat today (October 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon tea:

That's egg mayonnaise, cheese & pickle, and turkey w/ cranberry mustard for sandwiches.

Raisin-oat scones w/ raspberry jam and faux clotted cream.

French apple cake, full of apple chunks and brandy, and homemade creme fraiche on top.

Streaky chocolate-orange pudding* w/ Grand Mariner whipped cream.

*May I offer some advice to our younger and/or less experienced cooks? When you get lazy with one technique or the other, don't say, "I half-azzed folding the whipped cream into the chocolate pudding." Instead, just give your dish an exciting new name, like "Streaky Chocolate-Orange Pudding." That way, it's obvious you did that on purpose. :thankyou:

So to finish our anniversary weekend it was my turn;

Smoked salmon and prawn parcels.

View attachment 72728

Beef cheeks in red wine. (Tori & Ben's beef naturally), with our first leek from the garden.

View attachment 72729

Keeping the pud simple with profiteroles.

View attachment 72730

Now to retire with a bottle of rum cask aged red wine and chocolates.
Wow! You went all out.

Tell me about the wine

I really love our Australian “ Jacobs Creek Double Barrel” who are using Chivas Regal & Jameson whisky barrels as part of the aging process.

I realised this morning what was wrong with the fish tacos. I would normally dredge in seasoned flour and fry in oil. What I did was season with my TexMex spice mix and cook on the BBQ. Also I think flour tortilla are better suited.

Latest effort - hummus topped with spiced lamb mince and BBQ veg plus some quick flatbread manoush.

I was in a big hurry so the breads are roughly hand shaped instead of uniform but they worked pretty well. Just yogurt & self raising flour in equal weight. Some topped with za’atar.

I made lasagna, and I should have made a video....getting lazy due to the lack of viewers and general interest in my channel.
The odd looking picture is onion and I used the cloves to pin the Basil leaves in place.
I used about 2kg of mince beef, so all told, enough to feed three people for many days.

I was surprised how the enthusiasm for Meal Prepping with Chicken and Broc faded.

Last edited:
I also had some take-out food. I revisited because the Philly cheese steak fries were delicious, nice slivers of beer.
The second visit, it was chunks, no knife supplied, and no waiter either, so I used my teeth.
I was also sitting outside in the cold.

I wasn't going to complain too loudy, if at all, as the earlier visit the wait staff gave up their warm top to my teenage daughter who was getting pretty cold. Yeah, big tipper that night!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom