What did you cook or eat today (October 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beef-N-Cheddar:
View attachment 72801

Commence with the Arby's jokes! :laugh:
I've got a similar sandwich on my menu this month..I'm calling it bbq beef on a bun..it's basically 6 ounces of med rare shaved roast beef tossed in a bowl with some fried onions, bbq sauce and a seasoning I make..then, I pile it high on an egg brioche bun with a slice of medium cheddar..I'll take a pic if I can remember to..

I've got a similar sandwich on my menu this month..I'm calling it bbq beef on a bun..it's basically 6 ounces of med rare shaved roast beef tossed in a bowl with some fried onions, bbq sauce and a seasoning I make..then, I pile it high on an egg brioche bun with a slice of medium cheddar..I'll take a pic if I can remember to..
That sounds a helluva lot better than what I had. :laugh:

Ok finally worked my camera on new I pad. I had some for lunch, son called around to pick up miss12 and smelt it. He had three helpings.

It’s a pass, I will freeze most of it.

Russ

Getting ready for hospital so yesterday baked a lemon polenta cake, only to find out this morning that the hospital are 'no nuts'... Don't get me started...

It happens by chance to be a gluten free (not needed) recipe as well as a dairy free (needed) recipe and contains almond meal/flour/ ground almonds.

I used a setting on our oven we haven't used before (more by accident than anything else) and it has performed much better than normal. Usually you choose either the top it the bottom element or both and end up over cooked on the top, bottom or both (and under cooked in the middle...).

I'm really pleased with the texture and the fact that it held its height and shape and didn't collapse. I used my home-made (cultured European) vegan butter.

Getting ready for hospital so yesterday baked a lemon polenta cake, only to find out this morning that the hospital are 'no nuts'... Don't get me started...

It happens by chance to be a gluten free (not needed) recipe as well as a dairy free (needed) recipe and contains almond meal/flour/ ground almonds.

View attachment 72829

I used a setting on our oven we haven't used before (more by accident than anything else) and it has performed much better than normal. Usually you choose either the top it the bottom element or both and end up over cooked on the top, bottom or both (and under cooked in the middle...).

I'm really pleased with the texture and the fact that it held its height and shape and didn't collapse. I used my home-made (cultured European) vegan butter.

View attachment 72828

Oh 😍 You made something that over here it's a staple and it’s called “Amor Polenta” or “Dolce di Varese” in the area where I live (Saronno). This cake is on my list waiting for me to have been made.

Last edited:
My fave way to eat them! I am not a huge fan of mayo in general, but I definitely love it with chips (aside mustard)
Dutch mayo tastes quite different to the rest of the world, due to the addition of some honey or sugar (if it's made well, just a tiny bit). Belgian mayo is quite good too. I don't like the American type, though I have only tried Hellmans and Heinz because there are no other American mayo brands here.

My favorite that I have always got around:

Oh, and there's also Dutch 'fritessaus' that is often sold as mayo, but it is NOT mayo and much sweeter. It's an industrial product, similar to margarine as compared to butter. I hate it. I am often suspecting that fritessaus causes foreigners to hate our cuisine.. :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom