What did you cook or eat today (October 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And evening meal...

I also got a scoop of soy ice-cream which was a nice treat. I am getting the feeling that I'll need to loose a kg or two when I get home. They are now getting the hang of cooking for a vegan even if the only protein is chickpeas, hummus, 5 bean mix or that darned vegan pattie. Lol

And yes, in hospitals in Australia you get skinless baked potatoes... such as shame when you're looking forward to a decent jacket spud! Olive oil in the pot because i don't like the margarine.

Hospital food here is woeful. My dad was diabetic and I was horrified by the high carb garbage they fed him.

Today I didn’t want to cook anything. I wanted a kebab from the local Pakistani kebab shop that’s now owned by Nepalese but they generally do a good job. They were closed at 5:30pm.

So I got the boys KFC each and I’m having a cheese snack plate with a few crudités & crackers etc. Usually my favourite but what I really really want is a kebab with garlic sauce.

Recipe - Pumpkin spice & apple breakfast muffins

I cooked this today but I'll be eating one portion tomorrow. Two portions will be frozen for later.

Chuck beef trimmed and cubed and slow cooked with onions and OXO stock for four hours (my first real effort at slow cooking).

[Edit: I've no idea why the beef colour changed between the slab and the cubes. There was around one hour between capturing the images early this morning (07:30 and 08:30)].

Last edited:
Fried pickles are a very popular bar snack in the US.

CD
Especially in the south. When I first moved to NE Ohio, I never saw it on the menu. The first time I did see it, they were fried pickle spears and quite disappointing. Pickle chips are the way to go. It's still not hugely popular up here but it can be found.

The dessert case at the diner:
View attachment 73608

View attachment 73609
View attachment 73610
View attachment 73611

MrsT opted for that iced Victoria sponge-looking thingy, which the waitress said was a strawberry cream cake. Close enough.
One great advantage of knowing a single bite of those is enough to kill me, is that I no longer crave them or have to have a slice.

Mind you the same counter in a vegan cafe or restaurant and I'm lost in a world of wonder... exclude anything with banana or pineapple in and it usually reduces the selection, but still being able to actually have a choice is amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom