What did you cook or eat today (October 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey that's odd, I see you are right but my ex from Yorkshire called it Kaki fruit :scratchhead:
I googled it and I guess that's because dyospiros kaki is it's official name, but indeed it should commonly be persimmon

You are right too, but this is a variety of common persimmon halfway through a persimmon (cachi or kaki) and an apple 🤯🤷🏻‍♀️

Yep I know is persimmon but this is a variety of it called “cachi mela or caco-mela” (both version in Italian sound so bad though 😅).

I just bought some fuyu persimmons this morning. They are different from the red persimmons, in that they are orange and very meaty.

full.jpg

I like the soft flavor of persimmons and they make an interesting sauce.

still being able to actually have a choice is amazing!
Definitely.as long as there are options,we are good.
I was shocked when I learned I would not be feeling well in eating sugar or white flour, as a former sweet tooth...it is not (yet) extremely dangerous, but my body does not cope with those any more...however I am so happy I can eat fruit and sugar substitutes...and alternative flours...
I would love to go low carb again,as it does bring me many benefits...but if I overdo,Not good...
A balance act😊🤷
How much longer are you obliged to stay in hospital?

Hospital is where you are meant to get better, however night noise and poor nutrition don't help
Luckily myself and the dietician have a solution. I have a copy of the agreed to menu and because of an accident earlier last week when I was served a random bowl of mushroom soup that was not on that list, and did contain dairy that I'm anaphylactic to, I've been told to argue with the weekend staff if needed. They have to provide what's on their copy of what's agreed to, so whilst it meant that the stir-fry component went colder than it already was, they had to go back to the kitchen and make the rest of the meal for me .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom