What did you cook or eat today (October 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the only way my mum ever served cauliflower and I sometimes also do to this day. But normally with cheese.
My mum called it cheese sauce, too, but that´s probably because she never learned French :laugh: :laugh: . I seem to remember that a lot of it came in packets from Sainsbury´s!

My mum called it cheese sauce, too, but that´s probably because she never learned French :laugh: :laugh: . I seem to remember that a lot of it came in packets from Sainsbury´s!

I don't think my Mum had every heard of Sainsbury's never mind their packet mixes. She died in '77.

Early dinner, pan-fried sea bream fillets with ‘Nduja, served with stewed peas, carrots and few potatoes

All right. Being independent ,even on 2 crutches is good, means a lot.
Good job!
Can you do some gardening in a seated position?
I doubt it. To garden at home, I need to be able to reach the ground. Everything at the new place (we moved 3 years ago) is ground level. So I'd need to be able to kneel which should be OK provided my hip position doesn't get less than 90°. It will be how I get to my feet that will be the challenge. But I should be able to weed seedling with the hoe because that's a standing position but full weeding and planting could take longer I guess.

I'm still in hospital currently (inpatient rehab) and have yet to do the kitchen test with occupational therapy... the review is tomorrow. That will tell me if I'm going home in the coming week or if they think I need another week (which they may because of the pain meds I'm on are still very high), typically 50-60mg of Endone a day on top of 20mg oxycontin (in addition to my normal pain meds).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom