What did you cook or eat today (October 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it. To garden at home, I need to be able to reach the ground. Everything at the new place (we moved 3 years ago) is ground level. So I'd need to be able to kneel which should be OK provided my hip position doesn't get less than 90°. It will be how I get to my feet that will be the challenge. But I should be able to weed seedling with the hoe because that's a standing position but full weeding and planting could take longer I guess.

I'm still in hospital currently (inpatient rehab) and have yet to do the kitchen test with occupational therapy... the review is tomorrow. That will tell me if I'm going home in the coming week or if they think I need another week (which they may because of the pain meds I'm on are still very high), typically 50-60mg of Endone a day on top of 20mg oxycontin (in addition to my normal pain meds).
I understand.
Best of wishes🍀🍀😊

Not much to see, but it tasted really well.
Baked turkey wings, salt,curry mix, sweet red pepper, some veg stock.
Had it with the rice stuffed peppers leftover, and some simple lettuce salad.

Today?

Repeat #487

Tomorrow I'm planning "toad in the hole". I've never cooked it before so could be interesting. Or not!

Its easy so long as you are confident about cooking Yorkshire pud. That's all it is really - Yorkshire pud with sausages in it. The sausages need to be cooked before the batter is poured over.

Yesterday wasn't as successful on the food front
This was supposedly a Moroccan pumpkin salad. You and I would call it lettuce leaves with pumpkin. I wasn't particularly impressed.

Evening meal was stir fry veg served with rice but it was lacking in the veg department.

Apparently its a DIY Moroccan pumpkin salad (with no salad dressing provided). :ohmy:

Its easy so long as you are confident about cooking Yorkshire pud. That's all it is really - Yorkshire pud with sausages in it. The sausages need to be cooked before the batter is poured over.

I think to be safe I shall cook the puddings and sausages separately. Then plop a sausage in each pudding and pour over the gravy. When it comes to the crunch, the gravy is the piece de resistance!

I think to be safe I shall cook the puddings and sausages separately. Then plop a sausage in each pudding and pour over the gravy. When it comes to the crunch, the gravy is the piece de resistance!

No - don't do that! That won't be the same. You will be fine if you put the cooked sausages in a dish and pour over the batter then cook as normal. Its one large Yorkshire pudding with sausages in it. I agree that the gravy is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom