What did you cook or eat today (October 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No - don't do that! That won't be the same.
I have no real authority to say this, except that I've made toad in the hole several times, and MG knows of what she speaks. They've got to be cooked together. Otherwise it's just...what?...toad on the ground? 🤔

BTW, over here, people sometimes refer to what I call a hen's nest (where you cut a hole in the middle of a piece of bread and fry the bread and egg together) as toad in the hole. Every time I'd make a hen's nest and post it on FB (back when I was on FB), half the people would say, "Toad in the hole!!! I love toad in the hole!!!"

To which I, being the natural-born smartazz I am, would reply with, "Me, too, but what do you think about a hen's nest?" :laugh:

They look delicious and I have always loved 'panino con la frittata' (sandwich with frittata/omelette) :cook:
I particularly like it when the frittata is cold :)

These were melted cheese sloppy folded over omelettes with Serrano pepper and scallion, red pepper flakes and basil. I thought to put salsa on them, but elected not to and that was good. The flavor was more appreciable without any condiment added. This was a wonderful breakfast.

My next breakfast creation will lean on mushrooms.

Tea went, from top to bottom:

Tomato
Wrap
Cheese
Wrap
Fried peppers, onions and mushrooms with nduja
Wrap
Beef chilli
Wrap

And having said that... I wonder what it would be like with some garlic chorizo or Spanish xistorras?? :cool: :cool:

No, no and once again no! That is heresy. It would have to be called (rather uncomfortably) 'sapo en un agujero' (according to Google translate) which lets face it doesn't have the same ring to it. And anyway, what would one then use for gravy?

However, I am sure more than one person has made it and there will be examples on the internet.

Edit: A search for 'toad in the hole using chorizo' yielded 340,000 results.

Further edit: The best gravy I found was sherry gravy.

Apparently its a DIY Moroccan pumpkin salad (with no salad dressing provided). :ohmy:
worse still because the chickpeas and hummus were additions I had requested!

I've rewritten tomorrow's Moroccan pumpkin salad and specified a while load of salad ingredients such as cucumber, tomatoes, onions, red pepper, beans, and such... and a dressing

I don't think I've posted posted yesterday's meals...

there wasn't much taste to the curry and it wasn't that great really.
The coconut and mango sticky rice pudding was the best part (no photo).

again with the vegan pattie. I don't think I've eaten this much processed food in decades! vegan pattie with vermicelli noodle stir fry with Asian greens. it was OK.

I don't think I've posted posted yesterday's meals...

there wasn't much taste to the curry and it wasn't that great really.
The coconut and mango sticky rice pudding was the best part (no photo).

again with the vegan pattie. I don't think I've eaten this much processed food in decades! vegan pattie with vermicelli noodle stir fry with Asian greens. it was OK.
Looking at the second photo it seems like they included everything but flavour 😲

a treat. I tracked down a mask so I could go to the coffee shop and even though the seating is still closed, I risked a coffee with the help of the barrista who himself had been on crutches so the cup was double lidded and then wrapped into a plastic bag with handles tied so I could try to get it back to the ward.

thankfully one if the ward's men (who transports patients around the hospital including me on several occasions) came passed and offered to take my coffee for me.

The treat is a Health Lab Nightcap Caramel dessert ball. it's vegan so I though I'd give it a try because their hazelnut chocolate one is divine. lots of calories though for only 3 or 4 bites. never mind. I'm in hospital. calories don't count.

Looking at the second photo it seems like they included everything but flavour 😲
yeah, soy sauce was the flavour. I didn't easy all of it, but at least the veg were not overcooked, but closer to raw... a good crunch to them.

I'm looking forward to food at home again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom