What did you cook or eat today (October 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vanilla ice cream with homemade strawberry sauce & whipped cream

You know, its funny that growing up in Jamaica we had this in the house all the time, but neither my mom nor I cook with it.

Why not? I mean, I don't use it all the time, but every now and then, yes. For chicken, I like to mix it with an equal part cayenne pepper sauce to marinade with. That's very good and spicy. I buy it by the case, so that I always have some available. The nearest thing to it by comparison is A-1 Steak sauce or perhaps, tonkatsu sauce, more remotely.

Last edited:
Why not? I mean, I don't use it all the time, but every now and then, yes. For chicken, I like to mix it with an equal part cayenne pepper sauce to marinade with. That's very good and spicy. I buy it by the case, so that I always have some available. The nearest thing to it by comparison is A-1 Steak sauce or perhaps, tonkatsu sauce, more remotely.
I agree, it does taste similar to a steak sauce. I don't know, I'll bring it up with mom when I see her and cook with her this weekend.

No - don't do that! That won't be the same. You will be fine if you put the cooked sausages in a dish and pour over the batter then cook as normal. Its one large Yorkshire pudding with sausages in it. I agree that the gravy is important.

I bottled out. I haven't really got a suitable dish which will fit in the oven and hold the sausage (albeit small sausages) so I made Yorkshire puddings, sausages, roast potato and onion (Bisto) gravy. It was OK.

I bottled out. I haven't really got a suitable dish which will fit in the oven and hold the sausage (albeit small sausages) so I made Yorkshire puddings, sausages, roast potato and onion (Bisto) gravy. It was OK.

Do you not have a round or oval oven proof tin or dish that fits in your Halogen oven? I have the same oven and was surprised how large a dish I can fit into it - up to 10 inches diameter in old money.

Do you not have a round or oval oven proof tin or dish that fits in your Halogen oven? I have the same oven and was surprised how large a dish I can fit into it - up to 10 inches diameter in old money.

Yes, I have a 9" diameter glass dish - but 3 sausages would get lost in there. The food was only for me.

These are the sausages on a 10" platter.

And there would be too much pudding in a 9" dish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom