What did you cook or eat today (October 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry been v busy.
Following on from my Herm post Stan cooked a beef stew. Absolutely lush, sorry no photos, forgot.

Whizzy cooked roast forerib of beef.

Andy did a game pie and I did jacket potatoes with a variety of fillings. Beans n bacon, spring onion sweetcorn garlic in butter, chili and cheese

Smile. It's Friday, or as I like to say "Fried Dog." But I said good morning to this Friday with something else fried, - a breakfast omelette and a banana.

full.jpg

The omelette is typical for me, with Serrano pepper, scallion, basil, bacon and melted cheese.

I suppose the banana is typical too, as far as bananas go.

I've been terribly wanting to make spaghetti. I have looked back through the various threads and found that the last time I made spaghetti was in March 2021 and before that, December 2020. How could I go so long without. It's like not having pizza in a month of Sundays.

So, it's time to cook up some sauce, which I learned to do a long time ago from dear old mom. But I've made some modifications. I typically do meatless sauces and MypinchofItaly once asked if my sauce was a Puttanesca sauce. As an American, I have no idea. It's just my version of spaghetti sauce and I usually bury spaghetti noodles with it and snow grated cheese on top.

I can't do it today, because I'm all out of one necessary ingredient, - Anaheim peppers. That's motivation to go for groceries, for sure. I got a serious pang for spaghetti and certainly, I have the mushrooms that I require, and the garlic, onion and olives, etc.

I usually make a lot of sauce and bottle it up, so that I have plenty to use for not just spaghetti, but also things like lasgna and other pasta dishes.

There's a little voice in my head saying "Feed me. Feed me."

I've been terribly wanting to make spaghetti. I have looked back through the various threads and found that the last time I made spaghetti was in March 2021 and before that, December 2020. How could I go so long without. It's like not having pizza in a month of Sundays.

So, it's time to cook up some sauce, which I learned to do a long time ago from dear old mom. But I've made some modifications. I typically do meatless sauces and MypinchofItaly once asked if my sauce was a Puttanesca sauce. As an American, I have no idea. It's just my version of spaghetti sauce and I usually bury spaghetti noodles with it and snow grated cheese on top.

I can't do it today, because I'm all out of one necessary ingredient, - Anaheim peppers. That's motivation to go for groceries, for sure. I got a serious pang for spaghetti and certainly, I have the mushrooms that I require, and the garlic, onion and olives, etc.

I usually make a lot of sauce and bottle it up, so that I have plenty to use for not just spaghetti, but also things like lasgna and other pasta dishes.

There's a little voice in my head saying "Feed me. Feed me."

Feed it, feed it

I made shrimp scampi for my sister and myself, served on linguini. I haven't made this in years -- but I still remembered how to make it. It was good. No photos -- as usual, I forgot. Such a simple thing to make, but so satisfying. Some crusty bread on the side to sop up the buttery sauce. Wild caught Gulf shrimp, of course.

CD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom