What did you cook or eat today (October 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mid morning trolley.
watermelon and oranges

(testing a new function)

No, no and once again no! That is heresy. It would have to be called (rather uncomfortably) 'sapo en un agujero' (according to Google translate) which lets face it doesn't have the same ring to it. And anyway, what would one then use for gravy?

However, I am sure more than one person has made it and there will be examples on the internet.

Edit: A search for 'toad in the hole using chorizo' yielded 340,000 results.

Further edit: The best gravy I found was sherry gravy.

Maybe I should Texicanise this toad in the hole. :pepper:

CD

Last night a friend cooked me a pork scotch fillet steak in an orange & 5 spice sauce served with a roasted veggie medley.

Tonight I’m cooking nice thick strip loin beef steaks and baking off a broccolini & asparagus au gratin I prepped on Sunday to go with roast chicken before my son requested a green curry twist to our Sunday roast.

If your curious. I mixed half a can green curry paste & half a can coconut cream together first.

I arranged onion, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, carrots & eggplant in a large shallow pan and drizzled them with the curry sauce, stuffed ginger, garlic, lemon grass into the chook and generously rubbed some curry sauce all over it. Stuck it on top of the veg.

I tossed potato, pumpkin & sweet potato with a little of the sauce & arranged them around the chook.

I topped up the coconut cream can with the remaining curry paste & boiling water and stirred in a little stock powder. Poured this carefully into the pan to submerge most of the veg but not the chicken standing up high on its veggie trivet.

Roasted for 90 minutes, turning the chicken once. Poking chunky broccoli florets around the pan for the last 30 minutes.

Winner winner one pan chicken dinner.

Maybe I should Texicanise this toad in the hole. :pepper:

CD
Now you got me thinking. Maybe I can do an Aussie version using kangaroo snags and call it "Skippy in the Hole".

Edit: For those that don't know "Skippy the Bush Kangaroo" is a famous TV show here in Oz from the 70's, where every episode Skippy (not a cartoon, a real animal) would be involved in some incredible rescue or adventure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom