What did you cook or eat today (October 2022)?

IMG_2253.JPG

DH & I were out and about running errands and I spied my favorite Food Truck in a parking lot along our way.
Albeit these are small Street Tacos, this guy's Carne Asada is the best I've had.
His Salsas while blow your head off and he warns you too.
I like mine with a good a squeeze of fresh Lime and some Pico de Gallo (this one of very few ways that I'll touch any sort of Tomato), I did try the mild as well as "very hot" Salsa and the mild even was too much for me!
Now, my husband who insists that he hates any kind of Mexican Food, proclaimed these Tacos "almost as good as having Pizza" :eek:
He said that if I order/pick out a dish for him, he knows that he's going to like it 😊 AWWWWW!

I made a mushroom biryani only the cooker got the better of me again... It has a timer option and a turn this ring off after x many minutes option. Usually I get the correct one and first time around cooking the mushrooms, I did. It turned the ring off for me whilst I was outside checking the post (turned into a long winded affair because of a fox that seemed to want human company rather than be afraid of it)...

When I got back I carried on with the cooking of the rice, only this time the very same set of actions resulted in the stove simply beeping at me and not actually turning the ring off... cue more of a mushroom Karachi rather than a mushroom biryani... thankfully I did check add I walled passed the cooker on the way out to feed the chooks and saw it was still on...

Nothing burnt, just way overcooked.... tasted good but nil point for presentation.

Had a lot of hectic business travel in the past couple of weeks and ate many awesome things while entertaining clients, hanging out with my team and so on, but thought I'd post this one which is at a restaurant in Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon, Vietnam:

Waiter grapples with monster from the deep:

View attachment 91783

It was cooked three ways - first up was simply steamed along with a variety of dips and condiments

View attachment 91784

Fried with salt and garlic:

View attachment 91785

Tamarind sauce:

View attachment 91786
Spectacular!

I would have loved this hospital meal had I been able to keep food down. But as I haven't for 24+ hrs I only ate about 1/4th. It was fried tempeh with peanut sauce and white rice, plus vegetables. Tasted fab. Doesn't look that great but tasted very good.
View attachment 91814
Oh dear ,s os orry to read you are in a hospital? hope you get better and out soon. I have been missing a lot of posts, so this post of yours was a first to me about this...🤞

I have been away from this forum for a while, work keeps me busy and tired, and my daughter had a throat infection, but she is well now, and we are back on track...I had somewhat scaled back cooking, getting back at 8 pm and starting at 6 am the next day...I rather take recovery time and lazy time...but am getting back, no worries.

These are the chestnuts my boyfriend and I picked up in a forest near his place. It was surreal as how quiet and beautiful the scenery was.

I am soaking them, will boil them and then roast them...or at least will roast a third of these, and possibly try to freeze the rest, have never frozen unpeeled boiled chestnuts before...but, hey, let me try.

It has been speed cleaning weeks, so please ignore...

Oh dear ,s os orry to read you are in a hospital? hope you get better and out soon. I have been missing a lot of posts, so this post of yours was a first to me about this...🤞
:hug:nice to see you!
Yeah I am in hospital , most likely for a bacterial infection ( clostridium or salmonella) which caused dehydration and is potentially dangerous with my underlying conditions.

Back
Top Bottom