What did you cook or eat today (October 2022)?

USDA Prime ribeye steak -- one of the steaks I rescued from the clearance area of the meat department. Cooked sous vide to medium rare, and seared in a cast iron pan with rendered bacon fat (AKA: bacon grease). Just some crusty bread on the side.

Steak-10-22001.JPG

CD

So for the last day of the month and last meal of the month we had cheese fondue and very nice it was to, if a little filling! Served with steamed mixed veg and some cheez & kale sausages... due to a slight technical excess of water coming from the sky, the planned presentation was aborted in favour of staying dry and we had a serving each in a bowl...

The plan had been to use our camping stove (a trangia) on a very low flame (we've both gas and meths as options) but it was in the garage and we were in the house with the rain raining at over 80mm/hr at that point. And even with waterproof tops on we'd still have gotten soaked just getting to the garage and frankly it wasn't worth it. Plus the garage will be flooding and we didn't want to have to deal with it instead of eating our evening meal.

Last edited:
View attachment 91964
Cacio e pepe , WW Pene with New Zealand Green Lip Mussels - DH was in heaven!

View attachment 91965
I really wanted Clam Sauce, pulled the can down off the pantry shelf and spied Cheese Tortellini, mmm, that was delicious!
Loads of Garlic in that lovely Sauce, I could only eat half though - the other half for lunch tomorrow ...
I'm retarded for clams. I always use extra amounts in my recipes.

Back
Top Bottom