What did you cook or eat today (October 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
KFC last night. The coleslaw is really good.
Bacon n eggs for wife. Cuppa for me.
Its Sunday and my wife called for me to have a day off. Good call.
Lazy day fish n chips all around. And I won't be paying.

Yay, labour booted from office. Back to democracy.

Russ
Your KFC has "good" coleslaw? Wow, maybe the ones by you are different because every time I've ever had it over here, the coleslaw is disgusting. Watery and flavorless.

My all time favorite Italian dish, spaghetti carbonara.
1000002492.jpg

I'm thinking of the poor sap who got home, opened his pizza box, and said, "WTF is this.. olives... and where's the meat???!!!"

CD
The funny part:

“Pizza Hut Wilmington, can I help you?”
“Yeah, uh, I just picked up a pizza, and I’m afraid there’s been a mistake, it’s the wrong one.”
“Triple-meat meat-lover’s, right?”
“Yeah.”
“And you had the olive and onion?”
“Yep.”

So, yeah, I think they’d already gotten the chance to talk to Mr. Meats. :laugh:

First real proper meal I’ve made since breaking my hand- slow cooker goulash with sauerkraut. Bit of a cluster this morning with mishaps grocery shopping, but it came out really good. Husband baked the bread.
View attachment 105893
When you get your hand back, I sure wouldn’t say no to that recipe.

Hey, wait a minute…can you type with your feet? 😬

Your KFC has "good" coleslaw? Wow, maybe the ones by you are different because every time I've ever had it over here, the coleslaw is disgusting. Watery and flavorless.
Also, here at least (I don’t know about NZ), KFC coleslaw is minced, or ground down to, it seems, the consistency of cabbage dust. It’s like wet powder.

When you get your hand back, I sure wouldn’t say no to that recipe.

Hey, wait a minute…can you type with your feet? 😬
I’ve been typing left-handed a lot, and mobile’s much easier than trying to use a full-sized keyboard (my productivity at work has definitely gone down).

I’ll try to get the recipe up for you tomorrow!

I’ve been typing left-handed a lot, and mobile’s much easier than trying to use a full-sized keyboard (my productivity at work has definitely gone down).

I’ll try to get the recipe up for you tomorrow!
Don’t feel any pressure, I appreciate it, but it’s fine to wait!

So the 2nd flight produced 2 meals and a little bit of sleep but not much.

20231015_004236.jpg

There's actually a frozen yuzu sorbet in with this one.

20231015_100032.jpg

this was sort of breakfast but it was 3am in the morning!

Now that were at the hotel, where we're trying again for breakfast.

Last edited:
Yeah, that looks more appropriate for 3am in the afternoon.

CD :D
Right now we hardly know which way is up, let alone morning and afternoon. We've flow up the Pacific coast well off-shore from Russia, actually crossing Alaskan airspace and Greenland and the north pole and then down over Norway, Sweden and into Finland from Tokyo...

We left home around 1pm on Friday... I did because hubby wasn't with it and I hate driving in major cities. Give me wilderness any day and I can navigate without issue. Ask me to cross the road in a city and I'm lost!

So it's now Sunday. Apparently it's 8:40am. And we've travelled from GMT+10 to GMT+2.

My body thinks its about 4:40pm on a Sunday (though it really could be any day of the week right now).

The next leg is afternoon.

Breakfast was brilliant and I day down with a sign of relief. A proper continental breakfast add in a European breakfast, and being in the home of Alpro, breakfast could be continental without issue.

Rye bread with plant based flora, dairy free cheese slices, melon slices, Alpro strawberry yoghurt, summer berries, dairy free chocolate muffin, coffee and much to my hubby's bafflement or bemusement, the orange juice was served using an ipad for selection!

20231015_074339.jpg

He went around for a second course with very soft runny eggs on bread, and a banana.

He said it was the best hotel breakfast he'd had in a long time. I know the eggs were exactly as he liked them and I coughs see the contentment on his face when he tasted the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom