What did you cook or eat today (October 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So 2 meals off the first flight (of 3)...
20231014_103613.jpg

20231014_103800.jpg

The seasoning was very heavy handed on the hot part of the meal.

20231014_160930.jpg

It was a 9 hr flight. And despite leaving at 9am immediately after the first meal the cabin went dark and all the windows automatically tinted to not allow any light through. I undid that immediately and when it repeated it about 10 minutes later, I also undid it again. I know I'm a troublemaker but when you take steroids rather than your body producing them, you can't just go to sleep on cue.

Then a "meal" at the Tokyo business lounge.
20231014_181538.jpg

The next flight doesn't board until 22:30 Tokyo time which is 00:30 our body clock time.

We had Pizza Hut pizza and I made a salad:

IMG_6100.jpeg

Salad has chicken, toasted pecans, and dried cranberries on it, with a dressing made from cranberry-honey mustard.

The pizza…ok, it’s about 15 minutes to PH, so I drive in (they don’t deliver out to our house, and I wouldn’t do that if they did), order it, and wait on it there, so it’s as hot as possible.

Did that this time, ordered a large thin-n-crispy onion and black olive pizza, and gave them my name. 4:45PM on a Saturday…not busy. It’s a carry-out-only PH.

They’re always really friendly, and we kind of chat without knowing each others’ names, and after about 10 minutes or so, out comes my pizza - “Order for <my first name>!”

“Yep, got it, thanks!”

Picked it up, it felt really heavy, but whatever, it’s getting cold, gotta get home!

Drove like mad to get home, picked it up to carry it in, and again, “Damn, this thing is heavy! It’s almost like it’s not the right pizza!”

Sat it down, popped it open, wrong pizza. Not only wrong…it couldn’t have been wronger! :laugh:

It was a deep-dish triple-meat meat lover’s!

I would have just kept it and made do, but MrsT wasn’t happy, thinking of her WW points, so I called them back up, told them (nicely!) they’d given me the wrong pizza, and told them I was coming back in for the right one, and (again, nicely!) that I did expect a fresh one made, not to just hand me my original and now cold pizza.

Drove in, brought them the wrong pizza back (they told me I was the first guy to ever bring one back, I was just expected to keep it), and a few minutes later, out my new one came from the oven, they sliced it, boxed it, apologized, and handed it over - “You’re… <last name>, right?”

“Yep,” and that was enough to suddenly remind me that when I’d originally ordered, I’d given my last name, and when they gave me the wrong pizza, they’d called out my first name.

IOW, the mistake was 100% mine. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Even better, when I looked down at the receipt on the wrong pizza, the first name was kinda, sorta like mine…but not really. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤦🏻‍♂️

At that point, I fessed up that the whole thing was my mistake and offered to pay for everything, but he just laughed about it and sent me on my way. :laugh:

We had Pizza Hut pizza and I made a salad:

View attachment 105881
Salad has chicken, toasted pecans, and dried cranberries on it, with a dressing made from cranberry-honey mustard.

The pizza…ok, it’s about 15 minutes to PH, so I drive in (they don’t deliver out to our house, and I wouldn’t do that if they did), order it, and wait on it there, so it’s as hot as possible.

Did that this time, ordered a large thin-n-crispy onion and black olive pizza, and gave them my name. 4:45PM on a Saturday…not busy. It’s a carry-out-only PH.

They’re always really friendly, and we kind of chat without knowing each others’ names, and after about 10 minutes or so, out comes my pizza - “Order for <my first name>!”

“Yep, got it, thanks!”

Picked it up, it felt really heavy, but whatever, it’s getting cold, gotta get home!

Drove like mad to get home, picked it up to carry it in, and again, “Damn, this thing is heavy! It’s almost like it’s not the right pizza!”

Sat it down, popped it open, wrong pizza. Not only wrong…it couldn’t have been wronger! :laugh:

It was a deep-dish triple-meat meat lover’s!

I would have just kept it and made do, but MrsT wasn’t happy, thinking of her WW points, so I called them back up, told them (nicely!) they’d given me the wrong pizza, and told them I was coming back in for the right one, and (again, nicely!) that I did expect a fresh one made, not to just hand me my original and now cold pizza.

Drove in, brought them the wrong pizza back (they told me I was the first guy to ever bring one back, I was just expected to keep it), and a few minutes later, out my new one came from the oven, they sliced it, boxed it, apologized, and handed it over - “You’re… <last name>, right?”

“Yep,” and that was enough to suddenly remind me that when I’d originally ordered, I’d given my last name, and when they gave me the wrong pizza, they’d called out my first name.

IOW, the mistake was 100% mine. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Even better, when I looked down at the receipt on the wrong pizza, the first name was kinda, sorta like mine…but not really. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤦🏻‍♂️

At that point, I fessed up that the whole thing was my mistake and offered to pay for everything, but he just laughed about it and sent me on my way. :laugh:

I'm thinking of the poor sap who got home, opened his pizza box, and said, "WTF is this.. olives... and where's the meat???!!!"

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom